Edith Cowan University is pleased to offer ECUPRS International scholarships for international students. These scholarships will be awarded for pursuing full-time on-campus postgraduate research (PhD or Master by research) programme.
The ECUPRS Int. scheme is both prestigious and highly competitive. These scholarships are offered each year for tenure at Edith Cowan University. The scholarships provide tuition fee and health care cover for the duration of their research degree.
Edith Cowan University is an Australian public university located in Perth, Western Australia. It was named after the first woman to be elected to an Australian Parliament, Edith Cowan, and is the only Australian university named after a woman
If English is not applicant’s first language they will need to meet the University’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time on-campus postgraduate research (PhD or Master by research) programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study all subjects offered by the Edith Cowan University.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship includes a stipend of $28,420 per annum to be paid fortnightly via electronic funds transfer. Other benefits include a relocation allowance (where applicable) and Overseas Students Health Cover (where applicable).
Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility: To be eligible applicants must have met the minimum requirements below:
- Have been made an unconditional offer of place in an ECU higher degree by research course*
And at least one of the following:
- Completed an Australian first class Bachelor Honours Degree (H1)*.
- Completed a Master’s Degree with the equivalent of at least 6 months full time research and a minimum course weighted average of 70%*.
- A current research doctoral enrolment with a timely Confirmation of Candidature.
- Completed your first year of an ECU Integrated PhD (J42) with a minimum course weighted average of 80%*.
- Produced at least one of the research outputs below as the sole or first author:
- refereed article in a scholarly journal
- refereed full written conference publication
- scholarly research book or book chapter
- commissioned or peer reviewed creative work, or refereed exhibition of creative artefacts
- creative or design work that has received respected public/industry reviews in state or national/international media;
- creative or design work that is the recipient of a grant from authorised philanthropic trusts and/or state and federal arts funding body
Special exemption from the above requirements may be granted by the Associate Dean (Research) of the relevant School where an adequate case has been made by a potential supervisor.
*If you have submitted an application for course entry and have not yet been issued an offer, or you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor Honours Degree, a Master’s Degree or Integrated PhD you can apply for this scholarship and your application will be assessed conditional on achieving the minimum requirements.
You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if any of the below apply:
- You have been given entry to the ECU Integrated PhD (J42) and you have not yet completed your first year.
- You have completed an Australian Research Doctorate Degree or equivalent.
- You have completed a Master by Research and you are seeking admission to an ECU Master by Research.
- You are have been in receipt of an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the last two years.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Postgraduate study is generally available if applicant have a bachelors degree, bachelors with honours, or equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement:
- IELTS: An overall band score of 6.5, with no individual band less than 6
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 573, including Test of Written English of 5.0 or better
- TOEFL Ibt: Minimum score of 84, with no individual score less than 17
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): PTE Academic 64, with no score less than 58 for postgraduate standard entry coursesUniversity of Cambridge [Cambridge English: Advanced]-Pre-2015: A score between 58 to 66 with no less than ‘Borderline’ in any element of the test. Post-2015: An overall score of 176, with no individual band less than 169
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 20, 2017.