Applications are invited for International Training Scholarship Programme for the academic year 2018-2019. Eligible candidate should be a national and resident of one of the countries of the VLIR-UOS country at the time of application.
International Training Programmes (ITPs) are intensive, interactive and applicable training programmes. The programmes are organized by a Flemish university or university college and aim to train and strengthen twelve scholars from one of thirty-one developing countries in a development-relevant field of study.
VLIR-UOS supports partnerships between universities and university colleges, in Flanders and in the South, looking for innovative responses to global and local challenges.
Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing International Training Scholarship Programme
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in a development-relevant field of study.
Scholarship Award: VLIR-UOS will finance:
- The organization costs of the training
- Travel costs and an allowance
Number of Scholarships: Scholarships for participants (indicative number of 12 scholarships per ITP)
Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility: Applicants must be Professors/researchers/lecturers at a Flemish university or university college.
- Nationality and country of residence: A candidate should be a national and resident of one of the countries of the VLIR-UOS country list for scholarships (not necessarily the same country) at the time of application: Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe; Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam and Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru.
- Professional situation: The candidate should have relevant professional experience and a support letter confirming (re)integration in a professional context where the acquired knowledge and skills will be immediately applicable.
- Former scholarships: A candidate can only submit one VLIR-UOS scholarship application per year, irrespectively of the scholarship type. As a consequence, a candidate can only be selected for one VLIR-UOS scholarship per year.
Nationality: Candidates from the following 31 countries will be eligible: (Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe; Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Vietnam and Latin America: Bolivia, Cuba, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru) are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The application file has to be submitted via data.vliruos.be and consists of the following components: Online modules to be filled in by the applicant. Please go to data.vliruos.be, register and fill in the indicated fields. Attachments to be uploaded by the applicant (mandatory formats are underlined)
- Annex 1: The present application form to be filled in by the applicant and which cannot exceed 14 pages (Front Arial, size 9). Proposals exceeding the indicated maximum pages will not be accepted.
- Annex 2: Budget proposal.
- Detailed programme (max. 4 pages).
- Short (max. 2 pages) CV per key person.
- Written confirmation budget holder (if not the same person as the applicant promoter)
- Evaluation former edition(s)
- Annex 3: ICOS checklist, to be filled in by the ICOS
Application Deadline: This concerns the deadline before which applicants should submit their application to the ICOS of their university association. This deadline is different for the different university associations. Proposals must be submitted electronically. Deadline for submission to the ICOS of the association:
- Associatie Universiteit-Hogescholen Limburg (AUHL) / Limburg University Association: June 6, 2017
- Universitaire Associatie Brussel (UAB) / University Association Brussels: June 16, 2017
- Associatie KU Leuven (AKUL) / Association KU Leuven: June 12, 2017
- Associatie Universiteit en Hogescholen Antwerpen (AUHA) / Antwerp University Association: June 6, 2017
- Associatie Universiteit Gent (AUG) / Association Ghent University: June 15, 2017