KU Leuven University is inviting applications for Roger Dillemans Fund. Scholarships are available for developing-world students in Leuven to pursue master’s degree programme.
For the 2017-2018 academic year scholarships will be granted to students who have obtained a first master’s degree from KU Leuven and would like to continue their studies with a second (60 ECTS) master’s degree at KU Leuven University, or to KU Leuven students currently enrolled in the first phase of their 120 ECTS Master looking for funding of the final phase.
The Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, also known as KU Leuven or the University of Leuven, is a Dutch-speaking university in Leuven, Flanders, Belgium.
The English proficiency test scores accepted by KU Leuven are TOEFL certificate sent by ETS, IELTS certificate sent by the official IELTS test centre administered by The British Council or IDP Education, and ESOL Cambridge.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree at KU Leuven University.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The Scholarship includes:
- € 8,600.00/year living expenses
- Tuition fee waiver
- Affiliation with a Belgian Health Insurance Company
- Third Party Liability Insurance
Scholarship can be taken in the Sweden
Eligibility: Each applicant must
- Be from one of the following developing countries:Africa: Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Laos, Nepal, Palestine, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.Latin America: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Uruguay.
- Have an initial master’s degree from KU Leuven or be currently enrolled in the first phase of a KU Leuven Master
- Have excellent study results: minimum 68% overall (cum laude)
Nationality: Students from developing countries can apply for Roger Dillemans Fund.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have an initial master’s degree from KU Leuven or be currently enrolled in the first phase of a KU Leuven Master
English Language Requirement: All applicants who have not obtained a previous diploma in a programme taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Students interested in a scholarship from the Roger Dillemans Fund should follow this procedure:
- Be admitted to the Master’s Programme of their choice via the Application Procedure of the KU Leuven Admissions Office in case you will start a new Master programme next academic year.
- Please also send an e-mail to Mathias Groenweghe that you are applying for a Roger Dillemans Fund scholarship, including your motivation and transcript of all the marks obtained at KU Leuven.
- Your reference letter should be sent directly by your referee to Mathias Groenweghe. Please note that only KU Leuven referees are accepted.
- Fill out the application form.
Application Deadline: The deadline for submission is March 31, 2017.