Tsinghua University is offering free online course on Reading and Writing in English. Reading enriches our life and writing enables us to express our thoughts.
In this course, applicants will learn how to read and write in English in the context of lectures and academic texts. The course will start on March 20, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 15 weeksEffort: 4 hours pwSubject: Art & CultureInstitution: Tsinghua University and edxLanguages: EnglishPrice: FreeCertificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $49Session: Course Starts on March 20, 2017
Tsinghua University, founded in 1911, is one of the most prestigious universities in Asia. Tsinghua University consists of 19 schools and 55 departments with faculties in science, engineering, humanities, social sciences, architecture, management, law, medicine, arts and design. As China’s leading institution of advanced learning, Tsinghua is dedicated to excellence in education, research, and social services. Tsinghua has approximately 3,200 faculty members and over 35,000 students, including 3,500 international students from 108 countries. Among its 170,000 alumni are many outstanding scholars, successful entrepreneurs, and distinguished statesmen who have been playing important roles in the development of China.
About This Course
Reading enriches our life and writing enables us to express our thoughts. Being skillful in reading and writing allows you to better acquire and communicate information. This course focuses on 8 themes:
- Behavior theory
- Meaning of life
For each theme, there are two texts, key words analysis, reading skills, guest interviews, composition tutorials, writing workshops, and literature tutors.
Why Take This Course?
Applicants will learn how to read and write in English in the context of lectures and academic texts.
- English reading and writing skills
- The ability to acquire and communicate information
- Culture of different English-speaking countries
Fang Yang, associate professor in Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Tsinghua University. She teaches English for Academic Purpose. She was a visiting scholar in Baylor University.
Wenxia Zhang, professor in Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, Tsinghua University. She has published extensively in academic writing and language testing.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)