The Research Institute of Korean Studies (RIKS) at Korea University is inviting applications for Pony Chung Fellowships. Fellowships are open to researchers of non-Korean nationality who have received their PhD in the field of Korean Studies within 5 years.
The goal of this program is to provide young international scholars in the field of Korean Studies with financial support, a suitable research infrastructure, as well as a platform in which to share ideas and research outcomes with others in the field.
Korea University is a private research university in Seoul, South Korea. Established in 1905, it is one of the nation’s oldest and most prominent institutions of higher education. It is considered one of SKY universities, known for being one of the best universities in the country.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in Korean Studies.
Scholarship Award:These fellowships will cover the followings:
- Pony Chung Research Funding: Up to KRW 50,000,000 (?USD 44,000)/year -tax and air fare included
- Publication Funding: KRW 10,000,000 (?USD 8,800) -paid after it is published
- Appointed as a research professor by the president of Korea University
- Shared office space will be provided at the Research Institute of Korean Studies (RIKS)
- Assistance in making arrangements to live in Korea University dormitory
Number of Scholarships: There are two fellowships available.
Scholarship can be taken in Korea
Eligibility:Applicants must meet the following area for these fellowships:
- Researchers of non-Korean nationality who have received their PhD in the field of Korean StudiesThe sphere of Korean Studies includes humanities and social sciences, as well comparative international research with a focus on Korean StudiesKorean citizens who hold dual citizenship are eligible to applyScholars of South Korean nationality are encouraged to apply to the ‘Pony Chung Scholarship Grant’
- Applicants must have received their doctoral degree within 5 years of the start of funding (Some exceptions may apply)
- Applicants who have concrete plans to publish their research findings through a foreign university press within 3 years of the start of funding are given precedence
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have PhD degree in the field of Korean Studies.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via email. Required documents
- Research Statement
- One (1) letter of recommendation
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.