The Government of the Slovak Republic each year awards scholarships for eligible developing countries’ students. These scholarships support full-time higher education study (Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate or Doctoral) conducted in the Slovak language in a chosen field.
The aim of the Government of the Slovak Republic Scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The Government of the Slovak Republic each year awards scholarships for eligible developing countries’ students. It is the central body of the state administration of the Slovak Republic for elementary, secondary and higher education, educational facilities, lifelong learning, science and for the state’s support for sports and youth.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for full-time higher education study (Bachelor, Master and Postgraduate or Doctoral) conducted in the Slovak language in a chosen field of study according to the applicable system of study programmes at public universities in the SR.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded for Teacher Training and Education Science, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Business and Administration, Ecological and Environmental Sciences; Building Engineering, Manufacturing and Communication; Agriculture, Forestry, Veterinary, Water Resource Management, Medical Sciences, Dental Surgery, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Non-Medical Health Sciences (all subjects are not available to all countries).
Scholarship Award: Scholarships of the Government of the Slovak Republic will comprise the following items in the 2016/2017academic year:
- For the first and second levels of university study: monthly scholarship: 280 €one-time stipend upon the commencement of study in the SR: 35 €one-time stipend upon the completion of study in the SR: 100 €Scholarship holders also enjoy discounts provided to students in the SR by the relevant sector of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR.
- For the third level of university study: monthly scholarship: 330 €one-time stipend upon the commencement of study in the SR: 35 €one-time stipend upon the completion of study in the SR: 100 €Scholarship holders also enjoy discounts provided to students in the SR by the relevant sector of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR.
- For language and preparatory studies for all levels of university study:monthly scholarship: 280 €one-time stipend upon the commencement of study in the SR: €The amount of the monthly scholarship may be adjusted in the event of a distinctive change in living standards in Slovakia between 2010 and 2016. Overview of fees in the course of study in the SR:– dormitory accommodation: 46 – 79 €/month– meals (7.00 €/day): 210 €/ monthUpon the commencement of studies, the following expenses must be covered:-medical examination: Europe/Africa, Asia: 183 €/264 €-interview related to entrance application procedure: 24 – 70 €A similar situation applies upon the scholarship holder’s completion of studies due to increased costs related tocompletion of degree work: approx. 33 €Dissertation: approx. 50 €translation and authentication of diploma: approx. 33 €Incentive stipend – As of 1 September 2009, it shall be paid one year in arrears, (e.g., the stipend for excellent academic performance in the first year of study shall be paid in the 2nd year of study) as follows:bonus for grade point average of 1.3: + 50 €/monthfor PhD students for exams passed by the required deadline: + 170 €/yearScholarships are provided for a specific period of time. In exceptional cases, the Commission of the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the SR may pass decisions regarding changes of this period. The Commission shall assess the reasons stated by the applicant in the written application and credibly confirmed by required documentation. Such decisions are final and may not be appealed. A scholarship that is revoked due to poor academic performance will not be provided to another applicant.
Scholarship can be taken in Slovak Republic
- A government scholarship may be awarded to a national of a partnering country as defined in Subsection (2) who a) has 1. temporary residence for the purpose of studies,10) 2. temporary residence as a third party national granted Slovak Living Abroad status,11) or 3. the right to stay on the territory of the Slovak Republic for a period in excess of three months,12)
- A full-time student at a public university located in the Slovak Republic in one of the academic programs contained in the notice defined in Subsection 2 who demonstrates command of Slovak at the level required by the given public university, or 2. a participant in language education for the purposes of university studies (“language education”)
- As of 1 September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted, 1. is at least 18 years of age and not more than 26 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a first-level or second-level academic program or an academic program combining first and second-levels or studies in such an academic program or 2. is at least 23 years of age and not more than 35 years of age with respect to language education for studies of a third-level academic program or studies in such an academic program.
Nationality: Students from developing countries can apply for these Slovak Government scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: A school leaving certificate or university degree. If an applicant attained their highest level of education outside of the Slovak Republic, authentication of the signatures and the stamp of the school issuing proof of education is required by the state authority issuing such record or the state authority at the school’s location responsible for such authentication unless an international treaty stipulates otherwise. A certified translation is required of any record confirming the highest level of attained education or a birth certificate completed in any language other than Slovak, Czech, English, French or Spanish; such certified translation may be completed into any of these languages. A record of the highest level of education attained must be added electronically by 31 August at the latest – only applicable to students in their last year of studies.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply: The mode of applying is online. If they have not got their account and log in information you have to register. Click at the home page on Registration and complete the registration form according assigned instructions, confirm by clicking on Register. After successfull registration, they will recieve a confirmation e-mail and a password which you need to log in to your account. Please fill in the application according to the instructions. Compulsory attachments must be added to the application. In the event that any of compulsory attachments will not be attached to the application the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sports of the SR will not accept this application and at the same time it will be automatically disqualified from the process of nomination for study.
Application Deadline: For the academic year 2017/2018 is possible to send application electronically by May 30, 2017.