Applications are being accepted for Khon Kaen University scholarships for the students of ASEAN and GMS countries. Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree, higher graduate diploma degree or doctoral degree programme.
The objective of the scholarships is to support education and extend educational opportunities to personnel in GMS and ASEAN countries with no binding condition or obligation.
Khon Kaen University or KKU is a public research university in Thailand. It was the first university established in northeastern Thailand and remains the oldest and largest university in the region.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree, higher graduate diploma degree or doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Full scholarship
- Tuition fees not exceeding 200,000 Baht per year (amount paid as actual expenses).
- Research/thesis costs of 18,000 Baht per year.
- Travel expense not exceeding 30,000 Baht. Khon Kaen University will pay a round-trip air ticket (economy class) to and from the designated capital city or principle city to Thailand as actual amount or transportation for the recipient from Lao PDR, Cambodia or Vietnam covering the travel expenses at an amount of 5,000 Baht (lump sum).
- VISA extension (one year VISA extension
Number of Scholarships: This is subject to the allocated budget from KKU budget of the year 2017.
Scholarship can be taken in Thailand
- The applicant must hold one of the nationalities of these mentioned ASEAN or GMS countries.
- The applicant must have the official permission to study at Khon Kaen University from the institute/organization to which the applicant is affiliated in the homeland country, and must be able to show the authorized signature of the highest rank officer in charge or by a person with the equivalent authority. The applicant must not be over 40 years of age on the date of application; the final decision is made by the Committee only.
- The applicant must fulfill all the requirements as per those who are eligible to study in that particular curriculum at Khon Kaen University.
Nationality: Scholarships are open to citizens of ASEAN and GMS countries.
List of Countries: ASEAN countries ( Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei) and GMS countries (Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Myanmar, and South China (Yunnan and Guangxi).
College Admission Requirement
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The completed application along with documents are required to be received at the International Relations Division, Khon Kaen University by April 28, 2017 for your application’s receipt confirmation. The application process will be completed after you receive our confirmation E-mail. A scholarship package contain:
- One scholarship application form
- Two letter of recommendation
- One letter of permission
- Other supporting documents
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 28, 2017.