IMD offers a variety of merit and need-based MBA scholarships. International applicants can apply for these scholarships.
The aim of the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) MBA is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality. IMD’s vision is to be the best in the world at enabling the development of successful global leaders – individuals, teams, and organisations.
The IMD MBA is designed to ensure that applicant’s master the fundamentals needed in business today and increase their self-awareness so that they can confidently select adequate responses to business challenges worldwide.
Applicants must have bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters degree program at IMD College in Switzerland.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for MBA course at IMD College in Switzerland.
Number of Awards: Approximately 16 scholarships are available.
Scholarship Award: The total amount of scholarships available each year is around CHF500’000. The maximum financial aid awarded per admitted candidate is CHF 65,000.
Scholarship can be taken in the Switzerland
Eligibility: Criteria of each scholarship is stated below-
MBA Class Scholarship for Emerging Markets
- Citizens of developing countries with good academic results (GMAT), strong reference letters & steady career progression
- Applicants from South America (except Brazil) who return for at least three years after graduation.
- Submit a 750-word essay on:The role of entrepreneurs in moving my country forward and my contribution to that goal.
IMD MBA Future Leaders Scholarships
- Applicants who demonstrate exceptional leadership understanding.
- Submit a 750-word essay on:It has been said that success in business requires flexibility to be responsive, but also commitment to a recognized set of values. Discuss using your personal and professional experience.
IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships
- One scholarship is awarded to a citizen, but not necessarily current resident, of each region: Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and Western Europe/North America/Oceani
- Submit a 1,000-word essay on:Identify one issue in your region / country which you consider a priority to address. Why would you choose this issue? How would you, as a business leader, personally address it and ensure your action has a sustainable impact?Essays should be personal and visionary and include a clear description of how the solution could be implemented in a sustained manner.
Nestlé Scholarship for Women
- Preference is given to women from developing countries.
- Employees of Nestlé or its subsidiaries are not eligible.
- Submit a 750-word essay on:Many have argued that greater diversity in the Top Management team of an organization is good for profits and customers. What would you recommend as ways to achieve greater diversity?
Jim Ellert Scholarship
- Preference for citizens from Africa, Central/Eastern Europe & the South-Eastern Asian Peninsula who demonstrate high quality in the admission application.
- Submit a 500-word essay on:Why I would like to do an MBA at IMD?
Stewart Hamilton Scholarship
- Demonstrate understanding of corporate governance & corporate responsibility.Submit a 750-word essay on: What failed in the Hollinger corporate governance system and what are your personal learnings from the case study ‘Hollinger and the Downfall of Conrad Black’ ?
IMD MBA Merit Scholarships
- Demonstrate exceptional qualities throughout the admissions process.
- Awarded at the discretion of IMD’s Admissions Committee at the time of offer.
Nationality: International applicants can apply for these scholarships. (MBA Class Scholarship for Emerging Markets-For citizens of developing countries, Staton Scholarship-For applicants from South America (with the exception of Brazil), IMD MBA Alumni Scholarships-Asia, Africa/Middle East, Latin America, Eastern Europe and Western Europe/North America/Oceania, Nestlé Scholarship for Women-Preference is given to women from developing countries, Jim Ellert Scholarship-Preference is given to citizens from Africa, Central and Eastern Europe and the South-Eastern Asian Peninsula)
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: In order to be eligible for the program applicants will need to meet the following criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Age range 25-35
- GMAT (80% of our MBA participants score between 620 and 750)
- A minimum of three years full-time work experience
- A strong command of written and spoken English
- At least one language in addition to English
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: In order to apply please ensure that applicants:
- Use the IMD MBA Scholarship template to write your essays
- Complete the MBA Financial aid application form (except for Future Leaders applications) and submit your full application to mbafinance-at-imd.org
All essays should reflect your personal point of view expressed in your own words if necessary supported by proper citation.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for any scholarship is September 30, 2017.