ASEAN International Student Scholarship 2017/2018to Study in the M.S. Program in Agricultural and Resource EconomicsDepartment of Agricultural and Resource EconomicsFaculty of Economics, Kasetsart University
The scholarships are awarded in a very competitive selection to highly motivated students who are expected to return to their home countries, and keep good network and collaboration with the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University. Successful candidates must have good academic performance, show ability to do a good research and generate high-quality publications in agricultural and resource economics.
1. Be a citizen of ASEAN member countries excluding Thailand, namely Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam
2. Must be accepted for admission to the M.S. program in Agricultural and Resource Economics, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University for 2017/2018 academic year
3. Hold a Bachelor degree in economics, agricultural economics, resource economics, agricultural science, agribusiness or related fields4. Have good academic records5. Have good English skills
1. Four tuition fee waiver scholarships will be provided for 2017/2018 academic year.The tuition fee will be fully waived for the first semester. It will be fully waived for the following semesters if the GPA of any semester remains at least 3.5 (out of 4.0). The tuition fee will be partially waived if the GPA is between 3.25-3.49. The waiving will be terminated in the following semester if the GPA is less than 3.25.
2. The two tuition fee waiver scholarship holders will be selected to receive stipend scholarships from the Department with the amount of THB 100,000 per person per year (about USD 2,860)1 for the maximum of two academic years (or four regular semesters).The stipend scholarship of THB 40,000 will be received at the beginning of each academic year, followed by THB 30,000 prior to the beginning of the following semester, and THB 30,000 at the end of academic year. The last installment of THB 30,000 is subject to the proof for publication of research article.
Scholarship holder’s obligations:
1. Must be a full-time student.
2. Participate in academic activities of the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University.
3. Scholarship holders will be responsible for their own living expenses including accommodations, health insurance, travel, books and other study materials.
4. Must comply with Kasetsart University’s regulations for graduate study and the immigration procedures of Thailand.
5. Any publications related to the research or thesis during the program must indicate the Department’s affiliation, have the student’s name as a first author and the thesis advisor as a corresponding author.
6. Those who receive the stipend scholarships must have at least one publication within three years after the start of the scholarship period and must acknowledge that “this research is partially supported by Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Faculty of Economics, Kasetsart University”
Please visit our website for program, admission process, and scholarship details at: http://agri.eco.ku.ac.th/inter/www/ms_agreco.html