The Peking University Scholarships (PKUS) are available for outstanding international students to study a B.A., M.A. and PhD degree for the academic year 2017-2018.
Founded in 1898, Peking University (PKU) is the first national university in Chinese modern history. The Peking University now consists of five faculties: Humanities, Social Sciences, Sciences, Medicine, and Information and Engineering.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to study a B.A., M.A. and PhD degrees at Peking University. (Expect Professional Master Degree Programs; Joint Degree Programs and English-Instructed Programs)
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
1. Full scholarship
- Covers tuition fees;
- Living allowance (including accommodation subsidy)?Undergraduate: 2000 CNY/per month?Master: 2500 CNY/per monthPhD: 3000 CNY/per monthMedical insurance: 600 CNY/per year
Partial scholarship: Covers tuition
Scholarship can be taken in the China
Eligibility: Applicants must have already submitted a degree program application (B.A., M.A., or PhD) to Peking University for 2017.
Nationality: International students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with good health, valid passport, above the age of 18, and should abide by Chinese law and the regulations of Peking University. They should also respect Chinese social customs.
Undergraduate program: Students are required to complete the curriculum within 4 to 6 years and fulfill the designated number of credits. Successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate along with a bachelor’s degree, according to the regulation of the Degree Committee.
Master’s Program: Students are required to complete the curriculum within 2-3 years, fulfil the designated number of credits, complete a master’s thesis and defend it in front of a panel of experts. Successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate along with the Master’s degree, according to the regulation of the Degree Committee. The application period is usually in the autumn semester of every year, while the faculty test takes place during the spring semester of the following year (to be notified by respective faculties).
Doctorate Program: Students are required to complete the curriculum within 4-6 years (under normal circumstances), fulfil the designated number of credits, conduct research, complete the doctoral thesis and defend it in front of a panel of experts. Successful graduates will receive a graduation certificate with the doctoral degree, according to the regulation of the Degree Committee.
English Language Requirement: Undergraduates, Master and Doctoral candidates are not required to take the Chinese language proficiency exam.
How to Apply: Applicants must apply online and submit in person or express following materials before the deadline:
- “Scholarship Application Form” with signature and one photograph on it?
- “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” (in Chinese or English, original).
- A copy of the applicant’s highest academic degree. If the degree is not in Chinese or English, it must be translated to English. (Students that have yet to graduate can provide proof of their expected graduation date.)
- One photocopy of your valid passport (must be a valid ordinary passport)
- Graduate Degree Program Applicants (M.A. or Ph.D.): March 1 to 31, 2017
- Undergraduate Program Applicants (B.A): April 15 to May 15, 2017