For the academic year 2017/2018, the Ministry of Education, P. R. China is delighted to offer Youth of Excellence Scheme of China (Yes China) Masters Scholarship for Developing Countries.
To promote the mutual understanding and friendship between China and other countries, and to provide education opportunities to the youths worldwide who enjoy good potentials in their career development, the Chinese Government established the “Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China——Master Program (YES CHINA)” with the aim of providing financial support to the outstanding youth coming to China to pursue a Master’s degree.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue master degree programme.
Study Subject: For the academic year 2017/2018, the Ministry of Education, P. R. China will entrust 7 leading Chinese universities such as Peking University with 8 Master’s degree programs, namely The Master of Laws (LL.M.) Program in Chinese Law, International Program on Master of Public Health (IMPH), Master of International Economic Cooperation, Master of China Studies, The LL.M Program in International Economic Law, MBA Program, AIIB Master of International Finance, Master of One-Belt-Road Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship offer:
- One-year ProgramTotal Amount: 200,800 RMB per year for each student, covering:
- Exempted fees: registration fees, tuition fees, laboratory experiment fees, internship fees, and fees for basic learning materials.
- On-campus accommodation.
- Living Allowance?96,000 RMB per year for each student?.
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration?3,000 RMB for each student?.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- A one-way air ticket to China upon registration and a one-way air ticket back from China to the student’s home country after completion of the study.
- Two-year Program ?1+1 studies?Scholarship for the first academic year is the same as One-year Program. In the second academic year, students will do their thesis back in their home countries and the dissertation defense in China, while the scholarship will only cover one round-trip ticket for dissertation defense.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility: Qualifications for an eligible applicant include:
- Healthy both physically and mentally; not over 45 years old (born after September 1, 1972).
- A bachelor or higher degree, at least 3 years’ work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field relative to that of the program applied.
- Working in a government agency, company or research institute, and being a Section Director or Chief of Office, a senior manager, or excellent in scientific researches.
- Good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS Academic total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score 80.
- Having a strong development potential in his/her career, and willing to promote the mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and his/her home country.
- Students who are now studying in China or already winners of Chinese Government Scholarship are not allowed to apply. Note: More details about each program can be found in the corresponding university’s recruitment prospectus.
Note: More details about each program can be found in the corresponding university’s recruitment prospectus.
Nationality: Students from Developing Countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a bachelor or higher degree, at least 3 years’ work experience, some educational or professional experience in a field relative to that of the program applied.
English language Requirements: Students must have good English language proficiency, able to follow English-taught courses well. Minimum requirements for reference: IELTS (Academic) total score 6.0, or TOEFL Internet score 80.
How to Apply: Please scan the following materials in order into one document and ensure clarity.
- Application form with a 2-inch photo and the applicant’s signature.
- Personal statement of research (A minimum of 500 words in English).
- Copies of bachelor’s degree certificate (s) and academic transcript (s).
- Two recommendation letters from the applicant’s employers and/or professors. Telephone numbers and email addresses of the referees must be included in the letters.
- Employment verification.
- English proficiency certificates.
- Copy of the passport page of personal information (Ordinary Passport for Private Affairs only)
- Note: Scanned copies of the documents will be sufficient during the application period. Originals or verified copies will be required upon enrollment at the universities. All documents should be in Chinese or English and are not retrievable.
Application Deadline: The applicants should submit their applications during the application period to the Chinese Embassy in their countries of nationality, or to the 7 program universities. Please contact the Embassies or universities for the specific deadlines for 2017 applications.