Brunel University London is offering up to 20 Country Specific Scholarships for the academic year 2017-2018. These scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programme starting in September 2017.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
Brunel University London is a world-class university based in Uxbridge, West London, and was established in 1966.
There are minimum English language requirements for all individuals. Native speakers of English should normally have a GCSE or equivalent in English at minimum Grade C.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships are available, with a value of £5000 or £7,500 tuition fee waiver in year one only. Egypt: £5000; Kenya: £5000; Nigeria: £5000; Turkey: £5000; Vietnam: £5000; Colombia: £7,500; India: £7,500; Indonesia: £7,500; Mexico: £7,500 and Pakistan: £7,500
Number of Scholarships: There are 20 Scholarships available for students.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: To be considered for the International scholarship an applicant must:
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as an international student for fees purposes.
- Have the offer to study full-time on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in September 2017 or January 2018.
- Satisfy the entry criteria for admission to their chosen programme of study.
- This scholarship programme is not available to current registered Brunel students on a full time or part time undergraduate or postgraduate programme. Students on the LBIC programmes and distance learning versions of courses, or the English@Brunel, Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the IPLC (International Pathways and Language Centre).
- This scholarship programme is not available to those that have been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies.
- By accepting a scholarship you are agreeing to become a Student Ambassador for the University.
Nationality: Students from Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria, Turkey, Vietnam, Colombia, India, Indonesia, Mexico and Pakistan are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: International (non-EU) students can find guidance on standard entry qualifications from Brunel International’s country pages.
English Language Requirements: There are minimum English language requirements for all individuals. Native speakers of English should normally have a GCSE or equivalent in English at minimum Grade C. Equivalent levels of English for non-native speakers are outlined on Brunel International’s language requirements pages.
How to Apply: Applicants starting the course in September must submit an online scholarship application via the student portal eVision by 11.59 pm (GMT) on 31 May 2017. Late applications will not be considered Applicants starting in January will not be considered for a scholarship. The application will include a 500-word essay describing why the applicant has applied to Brunel and why they would make a good ambassador for the course and University.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.