Deadline: June 15, 2017
Applications are now open to attend the 2017 Summer Youth Assembly taking place from August 9-12, 2017 at UN Headquarters, New York City. The 20th session of the Youth Assembly at the United Nations presents both an enormous opportunity and a challenge to stimulate and ensure youth engagement and participation in achieving an inclusive and sustainable future where no one is left behind.
Guided by the overarching principle of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, “leaving no one behind,” the conference will explore cross-cutting issues and solutions for sustainable development in the social, economic, and environmental dimensions. While youth are among those subjected to exclusion and marginalization, they have the potential to accelerate and achieve sustainable development in their communities and beyond. With their unique sets of skills and perspectives in today’s ever-evolving world, they remain at the frontlines of innovation and change.
A merit-based scholarship opportunity will be awarded to a deserving youth to attend the Youth Assembly at the United Nations in New York City on August 9 – 12, 2017.
Read more about the scholarship here.
A Youth Assembly Delegate* must be:
- Between the ages of 16 – 28 (at the time of the conference)
- Actively involved in his/her community
- Interested in sustainable development and the United Nations
- Strongly motivated to become a changemaker in their community and the world
Interested applicants who are 29 years old and older may apply as a Youth Assembly Observer*.
Applications are evaluated based on the individual’s work or involvement, achievements, and interest in sustainable development and the United Nations.
*Please note that becoming a Youth Assembly Delegate/Observer does not constitute an official position as a representative, delegate or ambassador of your country.
How to Participate
- Conference: Participants who register for the conference have the opportunity to attend all conference sessions at the Youth Assembly at the United Nations.
- Delegate Package: Participants who register for a Delegate Package have the opportunity to attend several other exclusive activities beyond all conference sessions at the Youth Assembly, as well as receive arranged services including accommodations, meals, land transportation, and more.
- April 3, 2017: 2017 Summer Youth Assembly Registration opens
- April 3 – May 1, 2017: Early Bird Registration Period
- April 3 – June 15, 2017: Delegate Package Application & Reservation Period
- May 2 – June 15, 2017: Regular Registration Period
- June 15, 2017: 2017 Summer Youth Assembly Registration ends
For more information, visit UN Summer Youth Assembly.
Theo Opportunity Desk