Model ASEM is a simulation of the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Summit to generate interest and increase awareness of the ASEM process among university students and young academics. It takes place in the same month as the ASEM Summit and it is a 3-day academic conference and simulation exercise, with the latter being based on the Summit’s procedures, programme and agenda. Youth participants from 51 Asian and European countries form delegations. Each delegation comprises of 3 students from different nationalities, including one head of delegation.
The Model ASEM series was initiated by the ASEF Alumni University Network (ASEFUAN).
- Engage student delegates in political debate and let their voice be heard through their proposals of concrete actions in the final Model ASEM Declaration
- Help develop skills and build capacity of student delegates in the fields of public speaking, teambuilding, communications, problem solving, negotiation and consensus building
- Create sound contacts and networks among university students from ASEM countries who have the potential to become tomorrow’s leaders
- Establish a durable dialogue forum for youth from 51 ASEM countries to share their views on Asia-Europe relations and to cooperate on a common vision towards an ideal ASEM
- Citizens of any of the 51 Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM) Partner countries
- University students from all levels (undergraduate, graduate and doctoral) and all disciplines, between the ages of 18-30, with a sincere interest in international relations
- The conference will be conducted in English only, and therefore requires strong verbal and written command of English by all participants
- When? 15 – 20 November 2017
- Where? Yangon & Naypyidaw, Myanmar
- Costs? No participation fee. We will provide participants with travel subsidies, accommodation and meals
- Visit the 8th Model ASEM website
- Check out the FAQ
- Drop us an email at [email protected] or call us at +65 6874 9715
ASEF and its partners follow the principle of equality, non-discrimination and equal opportunity and look for a good mixture of participants. All applicants will be screened fairly regardless of sex, race, religion, belief, marital status, sexual orientation and disability.