Annual Youth Summit 2017 in Istanbul, Turkey
- DEADLINE: May 21, 2017
- REGION: Turkey
- June 16 - 18, 2017
- Fully Funded
Youth unemployment is one of the major problems that the youth face in the Middle East & North Africa. As the region experiences one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the world, the Co-Opinion Network has unbundled this topic and analyzed its dimensions by organizing thematic workshops, panels, and bilateral meetings as well as engaging in research activities so far.
The summit is an international certificate program that brings together undergraduate and graduate students, young activists and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists. In the 2nd Annual Youth Summit, young leaders, young academics, and young professionals will find the chance for discussing this issue with prominent policymakers and distinguished intellectuals.
The discussants will particularly focus on three issues with respect to youth unemployment:
- entrepreneurship & innovation;
- education policies;
- sustainable & inclusive growth.
- No participation fee will be charged for the participants;
- The costs of accommodation will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network only for the workshop participants from abroad and only for three nights, 15th-17th of June. The participants will accommodate in double rooms at a 4-star hotel. The network reserves the right to revoke this coverage in case the participant does not attend all sessions;
- The on-ground transportation for the workshop participants (except for the arrival to the hotel on the first day and departure from the hotel on the last day of event) will be covered;
- The costs of lunches on 16th and 17th of June will be covered for the workshop participants;
- An Opening Cocktail will be held on 16th of June, exclusive for the workshop participants, representatives of Stakeholder Institutions of the Co-Opinion Network, and the Advisory Board Members. The cost of the cocktail will be covered by the Co-Opinion Network.
- Please kindly note that transportation to/from Istanbul will be self-financed. The network undertakes to assist prospective participants who require visas to enter Turkey in obtaining the appropriate authorizations by submitting a letter of invitation;
- However, this task is the responsibility of the applicant. The visa-related fees are not covered.
Undergraduate & graduate students, young activists, and professionals, young entrepreneurs, representatives of NGOs, academics, and journalists are eligible for applying to be a participant in the summit. The call is open to participants from all over the world. The participants who attend all sessions will be qualified for certification.
The panel & keynote speeches on 16th of June will be public, given the availability of seats. However, there is an application procedure for workshop sessions.
Eligible Regions: Open for All.
Application Deadline: May 21, 2017
Theo Youth Opportunities