OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Warehouse Supervisor
OPENING DATE: March 17, 2017
CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
- Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-7; US$9,628.00 (Starting salary)
- Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-07*: US$42,169.00 (Starting Salary)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Warehouse Supervisor.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
Incumbent of this position will be in charge of all assets necessary to move, store, and maintain non-expendable property and expendable supplies, and the general operation of the Consulate General’s warehouses and stockroom.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Completion of high school (grade 12) is required.
- EXPERIENCE: Four years experience in warehousing or stockroom, of which at least 1 year experience in general clerical duty and working with English language documents, automatic data processing equipment, and 1 year experience in a supervisory or project management capacity is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required (this will be tested). Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have strong customer service skills and skill in dealing with highly detailed work. Must have ability to work with American personnel and communicate verbally in English. Must demonstrate proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and other computer application in warehouse (i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge of general office procedures and warehouse operation.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/job-opportunities-in-ho-chi-minh-city/.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP
** * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management may consider the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. The Consulate does not accept applications via online recruitment websites without DS-174 form.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/jobs/job-opportunities-in-ho-chi-minh-city/
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Management Office E-mail Address: [email protected]
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.