02 Project Assistants
Helen Keller International (HKI) is an international non-governmental organization with the Head Quarter in US. Its mission is to save the sight and lives of the vulnerable and disadvantaged by combating the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition. We do this by establishing programs based on evidence and research in eye health and nutrition.
In Vietnam, we are currently seeking for 02 Project Assistants, one for HKI Country Office in Ha Noi and the other for the Project entitled “Sight for Children and People over 50 years in Mekong River Delta” in Can Tho Eye-Odonto-Stomatology Hospital under Can Tho Department of Health in Can Tho City. The project is funded by Seeing is Believing (Standard Chattered Bank) or SIB project. It was designed to provide school-based vision-care services where screening, refraction, distribution of eye glasses and eye health referrals are provided to marginalized communities. HKI will work, in partnership with the local Departments of Health and Education and Training and relevant partners, to ensure the project to be scaled up successfully nationwide.
The Project Assistants will be required to provide administrative and program support to the Project Management Unit in Can Tho Eye Hospital and HKI Senior Program Officer in Hanoi. In collaboration with all stakeholders and partners, the Project Assistants will be involved in all meetings and present at events related to the project as appropriate. This position will be required to support the development of survey tools, collect, and analyse data, and conduct regular M&E visits to the fields and provide recommendations needed to improve the project.
Workplace: One will be based in Ha Noi and one will be Can Tho City.
Report to: Senior Program Officer and Project Management Unit
Collaborate with: Finance/Administrative team
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (to be discussed in more details in interview)
- Help manage and supervise the implementation of projects in collaboration with local partners;
- Develop and strengthen partnerships with local partner and key stakeholders, maintaining relationships with relevant authorities;
- Develop, collect and analyze Baseline/Endline surveys, Barrier Analsys, and Pre/Post Test for trainings;
- Assist in the design of monitoring and evaluation protocol;
- Improve and distribute the project communication materials;
- Monitor and track the progress of project ensuring activities are carried out in appropriate timely manner;
- Report to HKI Senior Program Officer, the Project Management Unit;
- Assist local partners through participating in training program of teachers and community health workers;
- Make monthly reports consisting of observations and documentation of work in the field while making recommendations to improve the program ;
- Work with partners to ensure screening, refraction and provision of eye glasses is organized and conducted for all schoolchildren within the project schools and is coordinated with all sectors;
- Other tasks as required
Duty duration: 01 year with possible extension; 2 month probationary period
Duty location: One is based in HKI Country office in Ha Noi and the other in Can Tho, with regular travel to project sites (60%).
- Vietnamese citizen;
- At least 2 years working experience in related field
- University degree (degree in public health is an advantage) in relevant fields;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Proficiency in statistical software (Access, Epi info, SPSS, STATA, etc…);
- Working experience in development sector, especially NGOs and community groups;
- Strong background knowledge of eye health in Vietnam;
- Previous working experiences in health and education is preferred;
- Has skills in project management, presentation and communication;
- Knowledge in development and management of monitoring & evaluation plans;
- Understanding of and sensitivity to poverty-related development and gender issues;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written Vietnamese and English;
- Ability to work in a team environment without direct formal hierarchy;
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and initiative;
- Motivated team player who can manage his/her own project and provide support to team;
- Agree with HKI’s mission and want to contribute to improving eye health in Vietnam.
Applications will not be returned.
The deadline for applications is Wed 08 May 2017.
Only shot-listed candidates will be contacted for interview
Expected starting date: 01 June 2017