OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates/All Sources
POSITION: Program Management Specialist (Environmental Remediation)
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-11; US$26,739(Starting Salary)
*Final grade/step for NORs will be determined by Washington.
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Hanoi, Vietnam is seeking eligible and qualified applicant for the position of Program Management Specialist (Environmental Remediation) in the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Incumbent of this position will report directly to the Environmental Remediation Advisor (ERA), the Team/Unit Leader of USAID’s Agent Orange/Environmental Remediation activities in Vietnam, and/or the General Development Officer within ESDO. He/she will assist the ERA(s) and support other key parts of the environmental portfolio. The incumbent will help to coordinate remediation activities with the Mission’s disabilities activities. He/she will serve as an environmental remediation specialist and provide expert advice to ESDO, senior Mission management, other programs in the Mission, and the Embassy, on remediation issues and other designated environmental activities, such as climate change, biodiversity, clean energy, water resources and waste management. The incumbent will counsel Mission and Embassy staff on the legal, policy and technical aspects of environmental remediation and the integration of these aspects with Mission objectives. He/she will also develop and maintain productive working relationships with the host country government at both national and provincial levels, as well as contacts within USAID, other USG agencies, the Embassy, other international development agencies, donors, NGOs, and private sector firms.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: A Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in environmental engineering, geology, chemistry, environmental toxicology, or environmental science required.
2. EXPERIENCE: At least five years of progressively responsible professional experience in environmental engineering or environmental science, at least two years of which should have been working with or for a foreign government, international NGO, donor agency, or international company.
3. LANGUAGE: Level 4 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (this will be tested).
Level 4 (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to take technical information and present objective and user-friendly oral and written recommendations and presentations that aim to inform decisions related to ESDO remediation and/or environmental portfolio activities. Must have strong analytical and conceptual skills. Must be able to establish and maintain productive relationships/contacts with mid-to-high level officials of the Government of Vietnam, as well as private sector members and donors. Must have strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills and the ability to prepare and present factual and interpretative reports that address complex subject matter in appropriate written and oral formats to both technical and non-technical audiences. Computer word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) skills are also required.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have strong knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques, and practices of environmental remediation specifically and the application of environmental monitoring, chemistry, geology, engineering, and risk assessments to address environmental issues more broadly. General knowledge of the Vietnamese environmental, economic, political, social, and cultural characteristics, development prospects, potential, priorities, and resources as well as, knowledge of the Government of Vietnam’s environmental priorities, policies, and procedures. Also, familiarity with (or capacity to learn about) relevant U.S. Government environmental regulations, legislation, programming policies, project design methodology, procedures, and documentation related to international environmental programs and activities.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
How to apply
Please submit your DS-174 form (link to download is below), CV (in English) and your copies of Degrees and certificates that support the position’s educational requirement (required) to email address: [email protected] Title: U.S Embassy_PM Specialist_Candidate’s full name
Any question please contact Ms. Tram: 043.8265118.
Download DS-174 Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ukPqr942bpWlFXeFBxbUROQlk/view?usp=sharing