As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
With the ‘Macroeconomic Reform/Green Growth Programme’, GIZ directly links these priority areas of activity with Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy in order to achieve lasting impacts in all sectors and facilitate Viet Nam’s progress towards a sustainable future. The programme aims at two principle objectives: (i) The Government of Viet Nam implements measures and actions which are well-oriented to support the environmentally and socially responsible growth in the framework of Viet Nam’s Green Growth Strategy; and (ii) the macroeconomic stability is improved and capacity of government agencies is enhanced for better implementation of economic and social policies thereby contributing to the equitable and sustainable growth process in Viet Nam.
In this regard, the “Sustainable Development Goals” (SDGs) Component of the Programme supports the Ministry of Planning and Investment to implement the Agenda 2030 for the sustainable development in Vietnam. The programme requires a qualified national staff for the position of:
Programme Assistant “Macro_SDGs”
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP to 30 June 2018
- Supporting the implementation of the Component activities in the field of Sustainable Development Goals including drafting agenda, preparing/ translating necessary materials, interpreting, reporting, developing & maintaining contacts with relevant stakeholders;
- Assisting the communication activities of the Programme;
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluation the results of assigned activities;
- Ensuring knowledge management in the assigned areas;
- Assisting other Component/ Programme activities if and when required.
- Bachelor degree preferably in Economics, Public Policy, International Economics, Management or other related field;
- Minimum of around 2 years professional working experience in a relevant position/sectors
- Having experience with private sector and public relations is an advantage;
- Excellent English with experience in translation and interpretation, German is an advantage;
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under time pressure, occasionally obliging to irregular and long working hour;
- Team spirit and flexibility, discreteness and loyalty.
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to [email protected]) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 22nd March 2017.
Note: Please state ‘Application for the Programme Assistant – Macro_SDG’ in the subject line or on the envelope.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download form here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE