Short-term Finance Officer
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization that plans, implements and raises funds for the provision of services in child education, community development, health, sanitation, and disaster relief projects. Currently Good Neighbors has been operating in 37 countries, supporting approximately 17 million people, including about 10 million children.
Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI) is implementing Community Development Projects (CDP) based on child sponsorship in 3 provinces; Tuyen Quang, Hoa Binh, and Thanh Hoa. GNI is working in main areas as child sponsorship and education, water and sanitation, income generation, etc. in 9 CDPs and is managing about 10,000 sponsored children.
Job title: Finance Officer (FD Officer)
Effective date: April 2017
Department: Admin-Finance Division (AD-FD)
Location: Head Office, Hanoi
Reports to: FD Team Leader, AD-FD Manager
Type of contract: Short-term/Regular ( 08 months)
1. KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal: Country Director, Managing Director, AD-FD Manager/Officers, Operation Manager/Officers, Sponsorship Services Manager/Officers, Project Manager, Field Officers
External: GNI’s Donors, Partners, Governmental Officials, INGOs, Communities
2. MAIN DUTIES
- Deeply understand accounting concepts, GNI’s financial manual, cost norms, financial forms and able to guider others;
- Deeply understand Plan of Action of project
- Receive and examine reports of the community Development Project (CDP)’s Cash Journal and timely support.
- Manage checks and bank documents;
- Check financial documents of HO and CDP of Class: 01000; 05000; 06000; 07000; 95000 and 99000.
- Monthly enter data into Quick Books (user 2)
- Support filling documents follow the system
- Report and overtime allowances for drivers;
- Support CDP’s finance staffs in need.
- Participate in the inspection, the financial audit.
- Other tasks as required by the team leader and department manager.
3. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- University degree or higher in Finance, Accounting, Audit or relevant fields.
- Work experience
- At least 01 years relevant working experience
- NGO or audit working experience is preferable
- Ability to work independently and work with the team;
- Good organizing skills and interpersonal skills;
- Good English language skills in writing & speaking;
- Good skill in computer use (Microsoft office).
- Sociable, responsive, committed
4. HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including GNI’s Application form, a letter of motivation and a CV with a portrait photo attached) to Human Resource Division via the email address [email protected] or to the Head Office address: Good Neighbors International in Vietnam, 17th Floor, Block A, Song Da Building, My Dinh I, Nam Tu Liem, Hanoi no later than 20th April 2017. We are very sorry that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.