Oxfam is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the strength and voice of people against poverty, inequality and injustice. Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. We are a confederation of 18 Oxfam organisations working together in more than 90 countries. Oxfam works with partner organisations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end injustices.
Oxfam offers an internship programme for young Vietnamese graduates who are passionate about Oxfam's mission of working with others to overcome poverty, suffering and injustice. Selected interns will provide administrative support to the team, gain essential office skills, and take part in project activities as well as a number of training opportunities. They will gain invaluable working experience that benefits their future employment. Internship contracts last for 12 months.
Oxfam wishes to promote diversity in our team: members of Vietnam's ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of other minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are currently looking for two Vietnamese to fill internship positions:
Intern for Programme Support Team (priority for early application)
Working location is with Oxfam in Vietnam Hanoi Office with occasional travel to project areas.
Allowance: VND3,660,000 per month includes allowance for lunch; when travel to project site required, intern will receive the same travel allowance as full-time staff.
- Administration and HR support
- Provide general administrative support including filing, sending and circulating mail, fax; photocopying, travel booking, translating, helping to prepare float accounts etc.
- Provide assistance to Admin Officer (AO) to manage monthly utility usages such as telephones, stationery, etc., ensuring timely payment is made…
- Assist in arranging air/ train tickets and booking for accommodation for Oxfam staff/visitors/consultants/partners.
- Assist in some paper works such as prepare job advertisement follow Oxfam template; logistic for recruitment/ training/ workshops/ meeting and field trips;…
- Draft intern/consultant contracts
- Assist in record leave for staffs, calculate internship allowance,…
- Assist to maintain record of use of Oxfam Vietnam assets.
- Finance support
- Provide assistance to Finance Coordinator (FO) to prepare payment orders, filing financial documents in order; input the transactions onto bank book.
- Assist Programme Finance Officer (PFO) in collecting data and preparing donor report if required.
- Support the organization and implementation of business support team’s activities include but not limit in Finance, HR, IT and Admin’s works …
- Travel to field if required.
- Perform others tasks as requested.
- Vietnamese citizen.
- University degree.
- Good command of English, including interpretation and translation from Vietnamese to English and vice-versa.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, WinWord, Excel); preparedness to learn computer software packages necessary for office work, especially on communication and information management.
- Passionate about Oxfam's mission of working with others to overcome poverty, suffering and injustice.
- Some knowledge of development work is an advantage, but is not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure within the office, and priotise routine and ad hoc tasks.
- Organisation to work effectively
- Supporting others
- Communications (especially in working with people from different backgrounds)
- Good team working as well as individual
- Getting basic skills and work experience in office administration
- Taking part in relevant programme events (internal training, staff meetings, HR/Finance/Others workshops, etc.)
- Gender and diversity sensitivity; and commitment towards working for diversity and gender equality;
- Developing career development plan and review regularly with line-manager
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send your application includes a motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English and copies of relevant degrees/certificates indicating the reference number of INTSST to:
The closing date for application: 26th March 2017
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer