Intern for the Building Resilience Programme
VACANCY INTERN FOR BUILDING RESILIENCE PROGRAMME
Oxfam is a world-wide development organisation that mobilizes the strength and voice of people against poverty, inequality and injustice. Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty: a world in which people can influence decisions that affect their lives, enjoy their rights, and assume their responsibilities as full citizens of a world in which all human beings are valued and treated equally. We are a confederation of 18 Oxfam organisations working together in more than 90 countries. Oxfam works with partner organisations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end injustices.
Oxfam offers an internship programme for young Vietnamese graduates who are passionate about Oxfam's mission of working with others to overcome poverty, suffering and injustice. Selected interns will provide administrative support to the team, gain essential office skills, and take part in programme activities as well as a number of training opportunities. They will gain invaluable working experience that benefits their future employment. Internship contracts last for 01 year.
Oxfam wishes to promote diversity in our team: members of Vietnam's ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of other minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
We are currently seeking a Vietnamese national to fill the following internship position:
INTERN FOR THE BUILDING RESILIENCE PROGRAMME
Working location is with Oxfam in Vietnam Hanoi Office with occasional travel to project areas.
Allowance: VND3,660,000 per month includes allowance for lunch; when travel to project site required, intern will receive the same travel allowance as full-time staff.
What is the Building Resilience Programme?
Our Building Resilience to Disaster, Climate Risks and Emergency Response programme aims that vulnerable people (including poor women, men, boys and girls of different social groups) in disaster prone and climate risk areas are more resilient*, able to adapt better to climate change, less impacted by extreme events, more able to recover after disasters and to claim their rights**.
- Assist to prepare logistics for meeting, workshops and support in organising program learning events and activities, including occasional regional or international visits. Support in contacting service providers, consultants, partners and resource persons for logistical arrangements.
- Provide general administrative support including filing documents, sending and circulating mail, fax; photocopying, travel booking, translating, helping to prepare float accounts etc.
- Attending programme’s meetings, workshops, take notes and drafting meeting minutes/notes.
- Assist to maintain programme files, contact lists and monitoring data.
- Support contacting programme partners and other stakeholders.
- Interpreting and translating letters and programme documents.
- Travel to field when necessary.
- Others tasks as reasonably assigned by programme staff.
- Vietnamese citizen.
- University degree, fresh graduate is preferred.
- Good command of English, including interpretation and translation from Vietnamese to English and vice-versa.
- Basic computer skills (Windows, WinWord, Excel); preparedness to learn computer software packages necessary for office work, especially on communication and information management.
- Passionate about Oxfam's mission of working with others to overcome poverty, suffering and injustice.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Some knowledge of development work is an advantage, but is not essential.
- Ability to work under pressure within the office, and prioritise routine and ad hoc tasks.
- Organisation to work effectively
- Supporting others;
- Communications (especially in working with people from different backgrounds).
- Commitment in work.
- Respect for others.
- Good team working as well as individual.
- Participating in relevant programme events (internal training, programme meetings, workshops, etc.).
- Participating in project monitoring and evaluation as appropriate.
- Getting basic skills and work experience in office administration
- Gender and diversity sensitivity; and commitment towards working for diversity and gender equality.
- Developing career development plan and review regularly with line-manager.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send your application includes a motivation letter and curriculum vitae in English and copies of relevant degrees/certificates indicating the reference number of INT.VCG3 through email to: [email protected]
The closing date for application: 28 March 2017.
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer