1. Enterprise Advisor (EA) of Better Work Vietnam Program
Better Work is looking for Enterprise Advisors to join our growing team in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh
EAs provide professional level assessment and advisory services to our factories, measuring their performance against national and international labour standards, and providing ongoing advice and consulting to support remediation and enterprise improvement.
We’re looking for self-starters with high level technical skills, together with excellent judgment and initiative. Suitable candidates will demonstrate adaptable communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a diverse team.
Candidates with experience in facilitating dialogue, negotiation and consultation between bipartite and tripartite partners (e.g. employers, workers and the government) are strongly encouraged to apply. These positions are open to Vietnamese nationals only.
All candidates must submit application documents in English to email@example.com including (a) a competency statement (max. 3 pages) highlighting their skills against each of the listed competencies, (b) a curriculum vitae.
Minimum Requirements include:
- Good communications skills, both oral and written;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good knowledge of the Vietnamese labour law and regulations;
- Good group facilitation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and capacity to deliver classroom training. Experience in industrial relations and building of social dialogue between management and worker representatives at the workplace an advan tage;
- Understanding of enterprise level human resource, production and quality systems;
- Good understanding of corporate social responsibility and labour compliance issues in global supply chains;
- Ability to monitor the effectiveness of training and capacity building initiatives undertaken by partner organizations/consultants;
- Good understanding of principles of gender equality and principles of equal opportunity and how these can be promoted as part the responsibilities of the post;
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an outcomes-based work culture as well as contributing to the work of a team; and
- Capacity to sensitively liaise and network with a range of stakeholders including staff, donors, international buyers, government officials, management, unions and NGOs.
Application deadline: 14th March 2017