Applications are open for the Children’s Peace Image of the Year International Competition 2019. The competition is part of the Alfred Fried Photography Award, named after one of the first Nobel Peace Prize laureates.
The competition invites young people to submit their best picture on the theme of peace. What does peace look like? This is a very special question and everybody has very own ideas about it. All the more so today, when we see so much of violence and unrest. They say: Give your imagination free reign. Make your positive attitude visible in a photo. They want to see how you imagine peace. The best pictures will be exhibited. Across the world.
- The best peace photo of the year – The Children’s Peace Image of the Year – wins 1000 Euros. The winner and his or her parents are invited to the award ceremony in Vienna. If a photo group wins, one member of the group and his or her parents are invited to the ceremony. But all photos in the top 20 will be shown.
- All submitted images have the chance to take part in international exhibitions.
- You can take part if you are 14 years or younger;
- Entrants can be from any part of the world;
- You decide how many photos to submit. You can submit individual photographs or a series of up to 20 images;
- Image creation date must be between April 12, 2016 and December 31, 2019.
The international jury will judge the photographs on
- Artistic merit
- Subject and
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Children’s Peace Image of the Year.