Deadline: April 26, 2019
Join Climate Reality’s “Stop Fossil Fuels!” multimedia competition and win a fully funded fellowship to the June climate negotiations in Bonn, Germany! They are looking for young journalists from around the world who want to make a big impact in their countries by publishing about stopping fossil fuel projects in their own countries.
The best 3 writers will get a chance to attend the climate negotiations the 14th – 29th June 2019, which will be held in Bonn, Germany. There you will receive training on climate and journalism by Climate Tracker, get to attend the international climate negotiations and meet amazing people from everywhere in the world! You cannot miss this chance!
- Anyone can apply!
- They accept applicants that are between 18 and 30 years old, but you are encouraged to apply anyway if you do not fulfill this requirement (age is just a number anyway).
- Your article should be at least 500 words.
- They prefer it when writers have interviewed at least two people for their article — for example, experts, community members, or policymakers.
- You have to include some multimedia aspect to it, such as pictures, video or sound. They will give you some tips on how to do that.
- You have to find a news site, blog, newspaper, magazine, etc. Willing to publish your article. It can be at a national, regional, local or international level. Aim for the one with best outreach across the region.
- You can publish in any language you prefer.
- Write an article about stopping new fossil fuel projects before April 26th, 2019. It has to include some multimedia aspect, such as sound, video or photography.
- Publish your article. You have to find a news site, blog, newspaper, magazine, etc. Willing to publish your article. It can be at a national, regional, local or international level. Aim for the one with best outreach across the region.
- Submit your article link to their platform.
Climate Tracker will revise the articles submitted through the app, give you feedback and tips, and select the best writers. The 3 best writers will get a fully funded fellowship to Bonn, Germany for the UNFCCC meeting.
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit Climate Tracker’s Stop Fossil Fuels.