The University of Vienna is awarding a limited number of scholarships for the citizens of developing countries. Scholarships are extended either in the form of a 100% or a 50% tuition waiver.
With the adoption by the United Nations General Assembly of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the concept of sustainable development will become the guiding framework for global development for the next decades.
The University of Vienna is a public university located in Vienna, Austria. It was founded by Duke Rudolph IV in 1365 and is one of the oldest universities in the German-speaking world.
Application Deadline: January 14, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for Global Political Economy of Sustainable Development.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship is extended either in the form of a 100% or a 50% tuition waiver.
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships are available for students.
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Citizens of an ODA country (Afghanistan, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Armenia, Albania, Angola, Kenya, Bolivia, Algeria, Bangladesh, Tajikistan, Cabo Verde, Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Argentina, Bhutan, Congo, Azerbaijan, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Belarus, Burundi, Egypt Belize, Cambodia El Salvador Bosnia and Herzegovina, Central African Republic, Georgia, Botswana, Chad, Ghana, Brazil, Comoros, Guatemala, Chile, Democratic Republic of the Congo Guyana-China (People’s Republic of), Djibouti, Honduras, Colombia, Equatorial Guinea, India, Cook Islands, Eritrea, Indonesia, Costa Rica, Ethiopia, Kosovo, Cuba, Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Dominica, Guinea, Micronesia, Dominican Republic, Guinea-Bissau, Moldova, Ecuador, Haiti, Mongolia, Fiji, Kiribati, Morocco, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Nicaragua, Gabon, Lesotho, Nigeria ,Grenada, Liberia, Pakistan, Iran, Madagascar Papua New Guinea Iraq, Malawi, Paraguay, Jamaica, Mali, Philippines, Jordan, Mauritania, Samoa, Kazakhstan, Mozambique, Sri Lanka, Lebanon, Myanmar, Swaziland, Libya, Nepal, Syrian Arab Republic, Malaysia, Niger, Tokelau, Maldives, Rwanda, Ukraine, Marshall Islands, Sao Tome and Principe, Uzbekistan, Mauritius, Senegal, Viet Nam, Mexico, Sierra Leone, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Montenegro, Solomon Islands, Montserrat, Somalia, Namibia, South Sudan, Nauru, Sudan, Niue, Tanzania, Palau, Timor-Leste, Panama, Togo, Peru, Tuvalu, Saint Helena, Uganda, Saint Lucia, Vanuatu, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Wallis and Futuna Yemen, Serbia, Zambia, Seychelles, South Africa, Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uruguay and Venezuela) are eligible to apply.
- A student is eligible for a scholarship if he/she fulfils at least one or a combination of the following criteria:
- The student is a national and/or resides in a county included in the DAC list of ODA receiving countries (latest version).
- A proven need for financial assistance in order is able to attend the program (e.g. no or insufficient income from paid work, lack of own savings and/or family support).
- Excellent academic record and proven work experience in a field related to sustainable development.
- Proven value-added of completing the Master Program for the future career path.
English Language Requirements: Language proficiency of one of the following English language tests:
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Minimum requirement of internet-based test: 100
- Reading: 20
- Listening: 20
- Speaking: 20
- Writing: 20
IELTS (International English Testing System): Minimum requirement: 6.5
- The application process for the scholarship:
- Pre-selection after receiving your application for the scholarship according to eligibility
- Invitation to a personal interview (via video chat if person resides outside of Vienna)The interviews take place between 9 and 19 January 2018.
- Decisions on awards will be published on 22 January 2018
How to Apply:
Students who want to apply for a scholarship are required to hand in the following documents listed below:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae (including the proof of English language proficiency)
- Copy of your High School Diploma and your University Diploma
- Copy of Passport
234 người xem