Deadline: March 31, 2019
African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) is accepting applications for the Master’s & Co-operative Master’s Program at their five centres of excellence for the 2019/2020 Academic year. The Next Einstein Initiative (NEI) by the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences aims to nurture and promote math & science education across Africa. AIMS offers scholarships to selected applicants.
Apply to the AIMS Master’s in the Mathematical Sciences, a unique, innovative program providing problem-solving and computational skills as well as exposure to cutting-edge fields or the AIMS Co-operative Master’s in Mathematical Sciences, a work integrated master’s program, offered only at AIMS Senegal, AIMS Cameroon and AIMS Rwanda.
Do you have a four-year university degree in mathematics and science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component? Do you have strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service? Apply now to be a student at AIMS in 2019 and study world class mathematical sciences in Africa.
Why should you apply to AIMS?
- Their courses are taught by outstanding African and international lecturers and supported by a team of resident tutors.
- AIMS graduates progress to top advanced degree programs and careers in Africa and all over the world.
- They have a climate of highly interactive teaching where students are encouraged to learn together through questioning and discovery.
- They place emphasis on computational methods and scientific computing with 24/7 access to computer labs and the internet.
- Both students and lecturers share a 24-hour learning environment.
- They have a Pan-African student body including a minimum of 30% women
Applicants can apply via the same portal to:
- AIMS Cameroon
- AIMS Ghana
- AIMS Rwanda
- AIMS Senegal
- AIMS South Africa.
There are no course fees for successful applicants. Full bursaries covering tuition, accommodation, meals, and travel costs are also awarded to successful applicants.
- Applicants must have a conferred 4-year university degree in mathematics and science or engineering subject with a significant mathematics component or anticipate completing by the start date of the AIMS course.
- Applicants should demonstrate a strong aptitude in mathematics, leadership and community service.
- Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Potential applicants must demonstrate both a high degree of motivation and the ability to complete the course successfully.
Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Master’s degrees are awarded in partnership with leading local academic institutions affiliated with AIMS centers.
You can visit our Applicants FAQ page to see the Frequently Answered Questions
Click here to apply for AIMS Master’s in Mathematical Sciences
Click here to apply for AIMS Co-operative Master’s in Mathematical Sciences
For more information, visit AIMS Master’s Degree Programs.