[Costa Rica, Philippines] Học Bổng Toàn Phần 2 Bằng Kép Về Hòa Bình "Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS)" 2019-2020
APPLICATION PERIOD 2019-2020 NOW OPEN
DEADLINE 6 JULY 2018
Click here to begin your application
The Asian Peacebuilders Scholarship (APS), a Dual Degree Master of Arts Programme, is a shared initiative of The Nippon Foundation, the UN Mandated University for Peace (UPEACE), and Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU). The objective of the programme is to train young Asian professionals to become peace building practitioners, ready to take up leading positions in organisations across the globe. In particular, the programme serves to strengthen the representation of Asian professionals with expertise in Asian issues.
The programme offers intensive, specialised language training to facilitate participation of professionals with lower levels of English proficiency, study in Costa Rica and the Philippines, as well as the hands-on design and implementation of an intensive field project in Asia. Scholars obtain 2 MA degrees, one from the University for Peace (UPEACE) in an area related to peace building and the second from Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) in Political Science with major in Global Politics.
Students selected to participate in the APS programme receive a full scholarship that covers tuition, airfare, transit and some visa costs for all programme components, and a monthly stipend. The programme facilititates up to 30 students per cohort.
The APS takes the format of a dual-degree, 18.5 - 21.5 month (depending on entry English proficiency level) intensive academic study programme targeted for young professionals from Asia. Academic study takes place in Costa Rica and The Philippines and is made up of the following elements: 1) an intensive language learning component, 2) MA at UPEACE, 3) MA at AdMU in Political Science, major in Global Politics, and 4) the implementation of a field project.
Click here to see details about the Academic Content of APS.
For the 2019-2020 Academic year, we will be accepting applications from nationals of Japan, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and The Philippines.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have at least 2 years work experience in a relevant field. Excellent candidates with less work experience are considered for participation on a case-by-case basis. Voluntary work, internships and student activities may be considered as work experience, if relevant for the programme.
- Have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable institution.
- Demonstrate a compelling desire to work on issues related to peace and conflict.
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Conflict Sensitivity Specialist, UNDP, Kyrgyzstan
- Gender Consultant, Office of the Presidential Advisor on the Peace Process, Philippines
- Education Officer, UNICEF, Uganda
- Human Resource Coordinator, IOM, Vietnam
- Programme Coordinator, Save the Children, Japan
- Procurement Officer, UN World Food Programme, Italy
- Economic Development Researcher, Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Lebanon
- Project Manager, Global Environmental Organization, China
- Project Officer, Vansemberuu Health Project, Mongolia
- Partnership Assistant, Asian Development Bank, Philippines
- Research Consultant, Family Health International, Thailand
Click here to see the APS Alumni page on LinkedIn.
More information here
354 người xem