Up to 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships are available for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany. Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines may apply.
A Humboldt Research Fellowship for experienced researchers allows you to carry out long-term research (6-18 months) in Germany. Applicants choose their own topic of research and their academic host. The fellowship is flexible and can be divided up into as many as three stays within three years.
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (German: Alexander von Humboldt-Stiftung) is a foundation established by the government of the Federal Republic of Germany and funded by the Federal Foreign Office, the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development as well as other national and international partners; it promotes international academic cooperation between excellent scientists and scholars from Germany and from abroad.
Scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for experienced researchers to carry out a long-term research project (6-18 months) at a research institution in Germany.
Study Subject(s): Applicants choose their own research projects and their host in Germany and prepare their research plan independently. Details of the research project and the time schedule must be agreed upon with the prospective host in advance.
Scholarship Award: The fellowship is worth 3,150 EUR per month. This includes a mobility lump sum and a contribution towards health and liability insurance.Additional benefits for research fellows:
- lump sum for the fellow’s travel expenses if the costs are not borne by a third party;language fellowship for an intensive language course lasting two to four months at selected language institutes in Germany immediately prior to the actual period of research;language fellowships may also be granted to accompanying marital partners.
- family allowances for accompanying family members staying at least three months (monthly allowance: up to 326 EUR for marital partners and up to 234 EUR for each child);
- for single-parents: flat-rate allowance for accompanying children (under the age of 18) forstays of at least three months (400 EUR per month for the first child and 100 EUR per month for every additional child);
- additional extension of the fellowship up to 12 month for research fellows accompanied by children under the age of 12;
- a subsidy towards research costs to be paid to the hosts in Germany amounting to 800 EUR per month (for research in the natural sciences and engineering) and 500 EUR (for research in the humanities and social sciences);
- Europe allowance for a research stay at a research institute in another European country (though not the research fellow’s own country); for a designated period in the course of the fellowship if necessary to ensure the success of the research;
- extensive alumni sponsorship once a successful research stay has come to an end, especially for maintaining contacts with collaborative partners in Germany during the Humboldtian’s entire academic career.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
- Doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than twelve years prior to the date of application. If it is not possible or customary to take a doctorate in the candidate’s subject or country, an application may be submitted up to 16 years after completing a Master’s or Diploma degree, provided that the publication record is commensurate with the candidate’s career stage.
- The candidate’s own research profile documented by a comprehensive list of academic publications reviewed according to international standards and printed in journals and/or by publishing houses.
- Confirmation that research facilities are available and mentoring agreement and a detailed expert’s statement by an academic host at a research institution in Germany.
- Three expert reviews from important collaborative partners and/or academics from the candidate’s own institute and, if possible, from abroad.
- Necessary language skills: humanities or social sciences and medicine: good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; natural sciences and engineering: good knowledge of German or English. Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible to apply.
Nationality: Scientists and scholars of all nationalities may apply for these Humboldt Research Fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicant must have a doctorate or comparable academic degree (Ph.D., C.Sc. or equivalent), completed less than twelve years prior to the date of application.
English Language Requirement: Scholars in the humanities or social sciences and physicians must have a good knowledge of German if it is necessary to carry out the research successfully; otherwise a good knowledge of English; scientists and engineers must have a good knowledge of German or English.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by post.
Application Deadline: Applications may be sent at any time. The complete application should be submitted to the Humboldt Foundation at least four to seven months ahead of the prospective selection date. The selection committee meets three times a year, in March, July and November.
1,239 người xem