With a scholarship of 1,000 € per month (for up to six months) PhD candidates are given the opportunity to carry out first research and to work out a dissertation proposal. The aim of this six-month scholarship is to secure further funding for the PhD thesis. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The aim of this short-term scholarship is to secure further funding for the doctoral thesis.
It is the aim of the Graduate Academy to open up the best possible opportunities for qualification to the next generation of scientists at Leibniz Universität Hannover by providing a supportive framework.Scholarship Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: This is a six-month-long scholarship programme.
- Study Subject: The Graduate Academy financially supports graduates in their process of planning a doctorate with funding to elaborate a detailed research concept for a PhD project.
- Scholarship Award: With a scholarship of 1,000 € per month (for up to six months) PhD candidates are given the opportunity to carry out first research and to work out a dissertation proposal.
Resources and payment
- Up to 6 months
- 1,250 Euros per month
- Funding is retroactively possible to April 1 (application deadline March 31) or to October 1 (application deadline September 30), respectively.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligibility to apply
- Graduates or students in their final stage who are planning a doctorate at Leibniz Universität Hannover.
- Additional employment is possible up to 450 Euros per month. Parental allowance (Elterngeld) is not considered as income.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.Application Procedure:
How to Apply: Please submit the documents by post. Additionally, electronically as one single PDF document. Please do not use staples and/or transparent folders for documents!
- Completed application form
- (Preliminary) Higher education diploma
- CV and und academic development
- (Preliminary) Notification by the faculty of admission as the doctoral student
- (Preliminary) Confirmation of matriculation or respective authoritative statement of the university´s registration office
- Description of the PhD project (three pages at the most)
- Detailed work schedule and timetable for the duration of the financing period (one page at the most)
- Preliminary work schedule and timetable for the overall PhD project (one page at the most)
- Letter of recommendation of the (future) main supervisor (to be submitted separately)
- Letter of recommendation of a further university professor/teacher (to be submitted separately)
- Applications that do not fulfil these criteria or that have not been submitted in time cannot be taken into consideration.
1,379 người xem