Are you interested in data science and its related disciplines? Excellent opportunity! In association with the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences is providing scholarships for international students. The grant is established for students, who are at least in the final year of their BSc program and want to pursue MSc by research at any recognized institution of higher learning located in the same country as the AIMS Research Centre.
Established in September 2003, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences teaches both basic and applied mathematics. It has widespread support among the international academic community. It has also a research center in interdisciplinary areas.
Why should apply to this program? The program gives a great opportunity for those candidates, who are interested in the field of Data Science. They can get the solid foundation of career development principles, professional career guidance, and employment services.
Application Deadline: End of July or September 2019
- Eligible Countries: Citizens from all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Masters degree program in Data Science
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must hold at least a BSc degree in any field related to mathematical sciences and should be interested in undertaking research in Data Science and its related disciplines. They need to have knowledge in mathematical, be open-minded and must be willing to conduct their research at their preferred AIMS Research Centre, or a designated partner institution in one of the AIMS host centers.
How to Apply
- How to apply: For applying to this education award, students are required to be registered in MSc degree coursework at any partner institution. After being enrolled, aspirants can use the online application portal to apply and submit supporting documents.
- Supporting Documents: You need to provide complete and accurate contact information of two referees, letters of support directly from the referees, a copy of the ‘Terms of Reference’ and the ‘Instructions for Referees’.
- Admission Requirements: To take part in this program, claimants must have to hold the bachelor degree certificates with good academic grades in the relevant field.
- Language Requirement: All candidates are needed to hold a strong command on the English language for joining the program.
Benefits: The successful scholar will get benefit from the financial support of up to $10 000 per annum for at most two years.