Applications are invited for New Zealand Short Term Training Awards funded by the New Zealand Aid Programme, the New Zealand Government’s international aid and development programme. Individuals from selected developing countries can undertake training of up to one year in duration in New Zealand.
New Zealand Short Term Training Awards give candidates from selected countries an opportunity to gain knowledge and skills through study in specific subject areas which will assist in the development of their home country.
The New Zealand Aid Programme delivers New Zealand’s official support for developing countries. The purpose of New Zealand’s aid is to develop shared prosperity and stability in the Pacific and beyond, drawing on the best of New Zealand’s knowledge and skills.
If applicants are awaiting the result of an IELTS or TOEFL test, they can note this on their scholarship application form.
- Application Deadline: Throughout the year
- Course Level: Awards are available for undertaking one year training in New Zealand (Training Certificate, Internship/work experience programme, graduate certificate and graduate diploma).
- Study Subject: A wide range of short-term vocational and/or skills courses or work attachments are offered.
- Scholarship Award: The entitlements of the Scholarship include full tuition fees, a living allowance (paid fortnightly), an establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, travel between their home country and New Zealand at the start and end of their scholarship, home leave or reunion travel for some eligible scholars, pastoral and academic support at their institution, and assistance with research and thesis costs for most postgraduate research students.
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Nationality: Pacific and ASEAN countries
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
How to Apply: Short Term Training Scholarships are available throughout the year. Contact your relevant New Zealand High Commission or New Zealand Embassy to submit an application.
- The New Zealand Short Term Training Scholarships application process differs depending on which country you are from.
- You may be able to apply all year round or within application opening and closing dates.
- Contact your local New Zealand Embassy or High Commission at any time for the scholarship application dates and to get the application form.