Kyushu University is inviting applicants for Kyushu University Friendship Scholarships Scheme. Scholarships are open to students from abroad for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
By offering them a chance to study abroad at Kyushu University, the scheme aims to foster the nation’s future leaders, maintain good relations with Kyushu University, and play the role of point of contact to cultivate joint research and bring in external capital depending on their course or career after graduation.
Kyushu University, abbreviated to Kyudai, is a Japanese public university located in Fukuoka, Kyushu. It is the 4th oldest university in Japan and one of the former Imperial Universities.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and graduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
(1) Scholarship: Both your period of enrollment at Kyushu University and the length of stay in Japan must be more than 16 days of the month concerned in order to receive a monthly stipend.
Monthly Stipend: 80,000 JPY
Support Period 1st Term: From April, 2018 to September, 2018 (Up to 6 months) 2nd Term: From October, 2018 to March, 2019 (Up to 6 months)
(2) Travel Expenses: Travel expenses up to the amount below will be covered (actual cost). The details are as follows; Asia(*): Up to 50,000 JPY Outside of Asia: 100,000 JPY *The area designated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Round-trip economy air ticket via the most direct route between Fukuoka and the location of the recipient’s university. Air tickets and transportation fees in the recipient’s home country will not apply unless receipts and other proof of purchase are made.
Incidental Expenses only expenses incurred through visas, travel taxes, and airport taxes will be borne by Kyushu University. In the event that receipts and proof of payment are not submitted, these expenses will not be covered.
- Number of Scholarships: Approximately 5 students (Depends on the budget)
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
1. Students who are enrolled in non-Japanese universities.
2. Students who are talented in need of financial assistance.
3. Students who can be accepted by undergraduate school or graduate school of Kyushu University as Special Auditors, Special Research Students or Double Degree Program students.
4. Students who are considering to study as degree-seeking students at Kyushu University in the future. (Only for Special Auditors andSpecial Research Students)
5. Students who have been successfully accepted or are under the procedure of acceptance at Kyushu University as of the application for this scholarship.
6. Students who can pay the tuition fee in case they come from the universities which doesn’t have agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University.
7. Students who have applied for student exchange program in case they come from the universities which have the agreement of student exchange with Kyushu University. (In principle)
8. Students whose terms of study is more than 3 months and status of Visa is “College Students” in Japan.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Introduction: Each student office should submit the applicant’s documents to the International Student Exchange Division by the deadline above. However, the deadline at YOUR STUDENT OFFICE is earlier than those deadline. Please be sure to ask YOUR deadline at your student office.
How to Apply:
- Determine an academic supervisor from who you wish to have instruction during your study term at Kyushu University
- Contact the potential academic supervisor by e-mail or other ways, and obtain his/her unofficial consent.
- Prepare application documents for applicants mentioned above, and send them to the academic supervisor by post.
- The academic supervisor prepares” application documents for academic supervisor”, He/she will submit them along with “application documents for applicants” to International Student Exchange Division through the student section of the department concerned by the deadline
- Applications for the Friendship Scholarship will be examined by the Kyushu University International Exchange Executive Committee and the final decision of the selection will be made by the President of Kyushu University.
- The International Student Exchange Division will notify the student section of the department concerned and the prospective academic supervisor of the result in writing.
- The prospective academic supervisor or the student section will notify the applicant of the result of the application.