Applications are invited for University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Scheme for the academic year 2019-2020.
The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year International Master’s programmes.
The University of Oulu is one of the largest universities in Finland, located in the city of Oulu. It was founded on July 8, 1958. The university has around 16,000 students and 3,000 staff.
All applicants are required to prove a high level of proficiency in the English language. All programmes ask the applicant to submit documented evidence of their level of English.
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are offered in diverse fields to help students in upgrading their education.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 75% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu IM Scholarships do not cover living costs.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers are not given.
- Nationality: International students
- Scholarship can be taken in Finland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for this Master’s Scholarship Scheme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2019-20, if they meet the admissions criteria and are liable to pay the tuition fee. The scholarship application will be processed in the selection procedure only if the applicant meets the admissions criteria. In order to retain the scholarship in the following year of study, a student must have completed 55 ECTS by the end of the previous academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement during the first year of studies, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee for the second year if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme. An exception to this rule can be made if a student has been granted approved leave from studies (e.g. due to serious illness).
- English Language Requirements: All applicants are required to prove a high level of proficiency in the English language. All programmes ask the applicant to submit documented evidence of their level of English.
There is no separate application system for the International Master’s Scholarship. Applications for the International Master’s Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
How to Apply: The International Master’s Scholarship application section cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form. Application documents, which are required for all of the programmes are the following:
- Copy of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree certificate in original language / Temporary (provisional) degree certificate
- Translation of Bachelor’s degree certificate if original document is not issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
- Information for applicants graduating after the application deadline.
- Copy of transcript of records of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in original language
- Translation of transcript of records of Bachelor’s degree if original document is not issued in English, Finnish or Swedish
- Proof of language proficiency
- Copy of passport’s information page or a copy of an official ID card
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two reference forms