The Government of the People’s Republic of China has placed at the disposal of UNESCO for the academic year 2017-2018 seventy-five (75) fellowships for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
These fellowships are for the benefit of developing Member States in Africa, Asia–Pacific, Latin America, Europe and North America and Arab region.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations. UNESCO encourages international peace and universal respect for human rights by promoting collaboration among nations.
Applicants applying for general scholar programs must be under the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for senior scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and under the age of fifty (50).
Course Level: Fellowships are available for advanced studies at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Study Subject: Fellowships are offered in the fields of proposed studies at the selected Chinese universities.
Number of Awards: 75 fellowships are offered.
Scholarship Award: The Great Wall Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item. UNESCO covers international travel fare, a monthly pocket allowance and a termination allowance.
Scholarship can be taken in China
- Applicants applying for general scholar programs must be under the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and those who applying for senior scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and under the age of fifty (50).
- English proficiency is required.
- Be in good health, both mentally and physically.
Nationality: Applicants from Africa, ASIA and the Pacific, Arab States, Latin America and the Caribean, Europe and North America can apply for these fellowships.
List of Countries: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Cote d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran (Islamic Republic of), Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Palau, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Venezuela, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Poland, Serbia, Ukraine
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants applying for general scholar programs must be under the age of forty-five (45) and have completed at least two years of undergraduate study; and those who applying for senior scholar programmes must be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) and under the age of fifty (50).
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: These fellowships, are in most cases to be conducted in English. In exceptional cases, candidates may be required to study Chinese language before taking up research/study in their fields of interest. Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Read carefully the Announcement letter, especially the attached ANNEX II, for UNESCO/China Co-Sponsored Fellowships Programme 2017-2018 to understand the requirements for eligible candidatures and the procedures for the submission of application.
- Step 2: Visit the official website of China Scholarship Council (CSC): http://www.campuschina.org/, to check more details on the fellowships programme and available fields of study and universities of your interest.
- Step 3: Prepare your application documents (in English or Chinese) properly according to the requirements prescribed in ANNEX II. Applicants are encouraged to contact in advance with their target Chinese universities. For the applicants who have received the pre-admission letters from designated Chinese universities by the time of submission, please attach your pre-admission letters in the supporting documents.
- Step 4: Register in CSC Chinese Scholarship Information System for International Students at www.campuschina.org/noticeen.html (Programme Category Type A, Agency number 00001) and submit your online application by following the guidance in Instructions of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System for International Students.
- Step 5: Print out your online application form and send it to the National Commission to UNESCO of your country, attached with the hard copies of all the required documents (in duplicate).
- NOTE: As National Commission for UNESCO of the invited countries will select and transmit the documents of nominated candidates to UNESCO Paris Headquarter by 20 April 2017 at the latest, applicants are advised to submit their application, both online and to their National Commissions as early as possible.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 20, 2017.
Theo Scholarship Positions
2,819 người xem