DE Montfort University is delighted to announce its Square Mile International Scholarship for the academic year 2017-2018. This full scholarship is available to an outstanding student for pursuing a master degree program.
This scholarship will allow a talented international student to lend his or her personal skills and enthusiasm for volunteering to the Square Mile project, while benefiting from a first class Masters education.
De Montfort University in Leicester, UK offers a range of undergraduate, postgraduate & research courses.
If applicants do not meet the English Language requirements to enter the International Incorporated Bachelor’s or the International Incorporated Master’s, LIPC offers them a range of Pre-sessional English Programmes which they can take before they start these courses.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing a master degree program.
Study Subject: Applicants can apply for the following eligible courses.
Faculty of Art, Design and Humanities
- Cultural Events Management MSc
- English Language Teaching MA
- Design Management and Entrepreneurship MA
Faculty of Business and Law
- International Relations MA
- International Business and Corporate Social Responsibility MSc
Faculty of Health and Life Sciences
- Education Practice MA
- Intercultural Business Communication MSc
- Youth/Health Community Development Studies MA
Faculty of Technology
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development MSc
- Energy and Industrial Sustainability MSc
- Energy and Sustainable Building Design MSc.
Scholarship Award: There is one scholarship award available and it will be allocated through an application and selection process. The award will cover tuition fees, one return flight to the UK and back and a monthly living allowance.
Number of Awards: One scholarship is available.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship:
- First class bachelor’s degree or equivalent, already achieved or expected
- An offer of admission from DMU
- Evidence of commitment to volunteer for the Square Mile project while at DMU.
Nationality: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a first-class bachelor’s degree or equivalent, already achieved or expected.
English language Requirements: If applicants do not meet the English Language requirements to enter the International Incorporated Bachelor’s or the International Incorporated Master’s, LIPC offers them a range of Pre-sessional English Programmes which they can take before they start these courses.
- Applicants must have an IELTS of 5.5 (with 5.5 in each component) or equivalent to gain admission at postgraduate level.
- If they do not have an IELTS of 5.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component, they will be offered a Pre-sessional English course to be studied immediately before they enter Stage 1 (Pre-Master’s) of their chosen International Incorporated Master’s program.
- If applicants have an IELTS of 5.5 (with any component below 5.5), they will be offered a 6 week Pre-Sessional English course immediately preceding their entry to the Pre-Master’s
- If they have an IELTS of 5.0 (with no component below 4.5), they will be offered a 6 week Pre-Sessional English course immediately preceding their entry to the Pre-Master’s.
- If they have an IELTS of 4.5 (with no component below B1), they will be offered a 12 week Pre-Sessional English course immediately preceding their entry to the Pre-Master’s.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. To apply, please complete the scholarship application web form.
The 500-word statement should cover the following points:
- Applicants understanding of and passion for their chosen area of study.
- Previous examples of volunteering work or commitment in the local community.
- How they would make a positive contribution to DMU’s Square Mile project.
- How the scholarship and a DMU postgraduate degree would help you to contribute to your local community in the future.
The education summary should include qualifications or results achieved to date, including awarding institution and GPA achieved.
Application Deadline: All applications should be submitted by Friday June 30, 2017. The winner of the scholarship will be notified by July 31, 2017. Please ensure that you have received an offer of admission before applying for this scholarship.
431 người xem