The SOAS University of London has a long tradition of welcoming students from developing countries and is pleased to offer a number of scholarships for entry at taught masters programme. The Felix scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees; living costs and a return airfare.
The Felix Non- Indian Scholarship has been initiated to support the international education of talented students from developing countries. In order to be eligible candidates must have a first class Bachelor’s degree from a University or comparable institution.
This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestine territories (West Bank and Gaza) living in their country of origin.
SOAS University of London is the only Higher Education institution in Europe specializing in the study of Asia, Africa and the near and Middle East. SOAS is a remarkable institution. SOAS is top for teaching in London with a score of 90%. SOAS has more than 5,000 students from 133 countries.
- Applications deadline: January 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a Taught Masters programme for entry in September 2018.
- Study Subject: Any SOAS taught masters programme.
- Part-time programmes are not eligible.
- Scholarship Award: The Felix scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees; living costs (£15,560 in 2017-18) and a return airfare. This Masters scholarship is shared with International Students House, which provides free accommodation and breakfast. The accommodation cost will be deducted from the living cost of £15,560.
- Nationality: Nationals of developing countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship is available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Nationals of developing countries (Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burma, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African, Republic Chad, Chile, People’s Republic of China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, The Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea, Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint- Vincent and the Grenadines, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and not currently be living or studying outside of their country. This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of Afghanistan, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Palestine territories (West Bank and Gaza) who are living in their country of origin
- Candidates must not have previously studied for one year or more outside of their country.
- Candidates must have a first class Bachelor’s degree from a University or comparable institution.
- Candidates who already hold a Master’s degree cannot apply for a Master’s degree scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship closing date of 29 January 2018, 1700 UK time.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the time short-listing takes place in early March 2018. We may give priority to applicants with an unconditional offer of admission.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programmeApplicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. You can use this online link to apply for Master’s degree. Applicants must have submitted a complete admission to a Master’s programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline, 29 January 2018. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degree obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarshipYou must apply for this scholarship via the online Felix Non-Indian Scholarship application. Please submit no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 29 January 2018.
1,153 người xem