The East Tennessee State University is offering Academic Merit Scholarships for international applicants in the USA for the year 2018. These scholarships are available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme.
The aim of the Academic Merit Scholarship is to attract the best and most motivated people to the USA.
East Tennessee State University determines credit awards for its courses and programs based on the professional judgment of its faculty in higher education and in alignment with its mission.
International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting documents required by the university.
- Application Deadline: April 29 for fall semester, September 29 – spring semester and February 1 – summer session
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing graduate or undergraduate programme at East Tennessee State University in the USA.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are provided for any course offered by East Tennessee State University in the USA.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
- Apply for admission to ETSU ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- English Language Requirements: International students whose first language is not English may satisfy the English proficiency requirement by submitting one of the following:
- TOEFL: 500 Paper based (PBT), 173 Computer based (CBT), 61 Internet based (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Testing System:Score of 5.5
- The mode of application is online.
How to Apply:
- A personal essay of 150-300 words, detailing your interests in a graduate program at ETSU.
- Submit the nonrefundable application fee of $65.00. The application fee must be submitted before any further application materials can be sent to the graduate school.
- One official transcript from every college or university where the applicant has taken courses including proof of all degrees received.