Conducting an Informational Interview
This is the capstone networking course. Put all the skills that you have learned into practice. You’ll introduce yourself, write effective email, highlight your best qualities, and conduct an informational interview with a person of your choice.
About this course
In this final course of the English for Business Networking Professional Certificate program, you’ll put your knowledge into practice by preparing for and conducting an informational interview.
First off, you’ll clarify your goals and set up a practice informational interview. You’ll practice talking on the phone to make arrangements to meet. Then, you’ll set up a second informational interview. You’ll learn how to research a person and write questions to learn more about them or their career. You’ll also learn the parts of an interview.
Finally, you’ll learn the key steps for following up with a person after your interview. You’ll successfully complete a whole cycle of networking activities.
end about course info grouping what you'll learn section
What you'll learn
- Research a person you would like to interview using LinkedIn and other tools.
- Prepare for and conduct an informational interview with someone you already know, and follow up with a thank-you note.
- Prepare for and conduct an informational interview with a new contact
- Follow up with a thank-you note.
- Share your lessons learned about informational interviews and networking
44 người xem