The RMIT Vietnam Engineering Community, a student-run association, and RMIT Vietnam Careers & Industry Relations, co-host the Women Leadership in Science & Technology seminar to encourage the participation of female students in the technology and sciences industry.
Culturally it is well-known that vietnamese parents do not encourage their daughters to enter the technology and sciences field, specifically the engineering area, with the fear that it is physically hard work and not suitable for their daughters. however, the industry partners of rmit vietnam university repeatedly publicly share their need of female talent in the technology and sciences field.
As a result, this seminar aims to raise the awareness of the university students, their parents, and the younger generation of high school students, about the importance and opportunities for women in the technology and sciences fields in vietnam.
This event is open for both genders.
Time, date and venue
- Time: 1PM - 4PM
- Date: Wednesday, 22nd November, 2017
- Venue: Melbourne theatre (building 1, level 2), RMIT University Vietnam, 702 Nguyen Van Linh, District 7, HCMC
- 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm: guest welcoming: 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm
- 1:00 pm - 1:10 pm: introduction
- 1:10 pm - 2:00 pm: talk show with key guest speaker - president Professor Gael McDonald of RMIT Vietnam. interview & Q&A from the audience.
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm: panel discussion with guest speakers from Bosch, Schindler and Intel
- 3:00 pm - 3:15 pm: thank you and picture
- 3:15 pm - 4:00 pm: networking / snack and drink
216 người xem