Curtin University is offering a free online course on Introduction to the Internet of Things (IoT). This introductory course will enable learners to leverage their business and/or technical knowledge across IoT-related functions in the workplace.
In this six week course, applicants will Gain an understanding of what the IoT is and the requirements to design your own IoT solutions. Start developing IoT ideas in your industry. This course will start on March 11, 2019.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 2-3 hours pw
Institution: Curtin University and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on March 11, 2019
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university, with more than 53,000 students from over 130 countries. As a world-class, internationally focused institution, Curtin’s mission is to change minds, lives and the world through leadership, innovation and excellence in teaching and research.
About This Course
The Internet of Things (IoT) is expanding at a rapid rate, and it is becoming increasingly important for professionals to understand what it is, how it works, and how to harness its power to improve business. This introductory course will enable learners to leverage their business and/or technical knowledge across IoT-related functions in the workplace.
Why Take This Course?
In the course, we will examine the concept of IoT. We will look at the ‘things’ that make up the Internet of Things, including how those components are connected together, how they communicate, and how they value add to the data generated. We will also examine cybersecurity and privacy issues, and highlight how IoT can optimize processes and improve efficiencies in your business.
- Gain a deep appreciation of the IoT
- Understand what constitutes an IoT design solution
- Start to grow the seeds of IoT ideas within your field and area of ?? expertise
Iain Murray AM
Iain is an academic in the School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences at Curtin University, specializing in networking, embedded systems, and assistive technology.
Nazanin Mohammadi is a computer network and IT specialist in educational environments.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the edx.org homepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)