The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust. We have been in Vietnam since 1993 and work in three centres. Every year, we reach out to thousands of students, educators, policymakers, academics, researchers, creatives and entrepreneurs in Vietnam.
The British Council Teaching Centre Team in HCMC is seeking suitable candidates for the post of Teaching Assistant. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work with our teachers
|Location||Ho Chi Minh City|
|Salary||Allowance of VND45,000 per hour|
|Closing date||Saturday 24 February 2018|
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- current university students or people who have graduated in the last year
- good level of English and Vietnamese (IELTS 6.0 /Upper Intermediate and above)
- previous experience as teaching assistant would be an advantage
- ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children
- ability to work as part of a team
- ability to work with a customer focus
- ability to use MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer), Technical/ IT ability would be an advantage
- being available for at least 23 hours per week on Saturday/Sunday and evenings for this specific engagement
- commitment to this engagement continuously for at least one year
- ability to demonstrate British Council’s behaviours at essential level: working together, making things happen and being accountable
- The applicant needs to be able to prove that he/she has no civil or criminal records of any nature relating to any allegation or conviction concerning any type of harm to a child or children by providing a valid local police record. (Please refer to the attached document).
Term of Service
This is a non-employment position and a term-based hourly paid contract. Allowance: in local currency is equal to VND45,000 per hour, together with gaining experience from a dynamic professional and multi-cultural working environment and career development opportunities.
How to apply
Please refer to the role profile and British Council behaviours for more details about the opportunity.
If you are interested in the post, please apply by filling in the online recruitment form following this link.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. The British Council believe that all children have potential and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989.
4,416 người xem