Friends for International TB Relief or “FIT” is a registered non-profit organization whose work is based on the vision of a world free of Tuberculosis (TB). Our mission is to promote progress on the field of TB prevention and to stop the spread of the disease.
Over the past three years, we have actively participated in the eradication of TB by providing financial and technical assistance to local organizations involved in TB care and control in India and Vietnam. Simultaneously, we engaged in advocacy work through fundraising events in Germany and other industrialized countries to contribute to build and improve awareness about this global threat.
In particular, since 2014 we have been supporting the implementation of a grassroots TB elimination intervention based on a holistic package of outreach activities, stakeholder engagement and comprehensive care. Besides our project work in high TB burden countries, FIT also organizes events to strengthen the awareness and understanding about TB.
FIT was founded in 2012 and consists of TB activists as well as former patients. Our members reside all over the world ranging from Germany to Vietnam, Australia and the U.S., where they do their part in raising awareness and fighting the disease. Past and current partners include the Global Health & Education Trust, Otsuka, Stop TB Partnership, RESULTS Australia, HCMC Public Health Association, Vietnam National TB Control Program, Johnson & Johnson and most recently via the IMPACT TB project FIT has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 733174.
For additional information please refer to our website: www.tbhelp.org
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
Contract Type: Local, Full Time (100% FTE)
Duration: One year (with possibility of extension based on performance and funds availability)
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Ensure compliance and quality control of financial systems and all transactions according to policies;
- Document financial transactions;
- Summarize the organization’s current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and other reports;
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents;
- Assist in processing financial claims for approval by the Project Managers and Directors;
- Obtain quotations for supplies;
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures;
- Reconcile any financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information and other documentation;
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups;
- Interface with staff on pre-award reviews, banking issues, and country office/project start up and financial closeouts;
- Coordinate supply procurement & inventory management and maintain fixed asset register.
- Translate program documents from Vietnamese to English and/or English to Vietnamese;
- Maintain documents related to human resources and ensure that proper protocol is followed for new hires;
- Prepare contracts for new hires;
- Coordinate printing of program documents either in-house or through third-party vendors;
- Support the implementation of all grants awarded to the organization;
- Other similar tasks as needed.
- At least two years of experience working in accounting or finance;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field;
- Experience using electronic accounting software;
- Detail oriented with exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Fluent in Vietnamese;
- Excellent working knowledge of written and spoken English;
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity and comfort with using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter written in English
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s) / diploma(s)
- Two employment references (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
- By e-mail to [email protected] addressed to Ms. Rachel Forse
- Subject: “Accountant_HCMC”
- No later than Sunday, 25 March 2018
Please indicate YBOX.VN as the source of recruitment news in your cover letter. Only selected candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this will mean that your application has been unsuccessful.
138 người xem