Canada has maintained diplomatic relations with Vietnam since 1973. Since then, our relationship has only continued to grow stronger. Canada is represented in Vietnam by an Embassy in Hanoi and a Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.
Competition Number: 2019-IM-01
Position Title: Program Support
Program Support: Anticipatory Staffing Process
Section: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
Location: Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City
Starting Salary: 266,711,014 VND per year plus benefits
Hours of Work: 37.5/week
Closing Date: Sun April 21, 2019 at 23:59 (GMT +7)
- If you already applied under this competition number (2019-IM-01) and received notification that you were screened in for the next stage, please do not apply again.
- Candidates who were screened in under competition number 2019-IM-02 (Classification LE-05) will be considered for that process only, and are required to apply for 2019-IM-01 (LE-04) if they wish to be considered in the LE-04 classification also.
- Candidates who have not received notification of being screened in have been screened out.
Area of Selection:
This position is open to external applicants eligible to work in Vietnam and to all mission employees occupying an indeterminate or term position who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received by the closing date.
Under general supervision, provides multi-task support services to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC’s) programs and operations. Exercises initiative in seeking out information to complete files or tasks. Requires a general knowledge of established guidelines.
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor degree OR an acceptable combination of post-secondary education, training and work experience related to the duties and specific areas of competence required by the position.
- Fluency in the English language (written and oral)
- Fluency in Vietnamese (reading, writing and speaking)
Please note that the English language skills will be assessed using a test administered by the Consulate General. Candidates who do not achieve minimum pass marks on this test will be eliminated from this process.
Candidates who demonstrate they have IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or ILSC Language School test results at the required levels will not be re-tested in English. For operational purposes, only the “General Training” option under IELTS is acceptable. Please note that only IELTS or ILSC scores for the last 3 years will be considered. Candidates with IELTS scores are required to submit proof of their scores when applying.
The qualifying IELTS criterion is: No single competency lower than 5 AND an overall band level of 6.5
The qualifying ILSC criterion is: CLB 7 on both Grammar/Reading and Writing Section
- Minimum of 2 years of experience providing administrative support in an office environment working as part of a team (obtained in the last 5 years).
- Experience using computers in a networked environment and office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
- General office procedures and practices
- Computer software including email, word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Ability to communicate in English and Vietnamese effectively and clearly both orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, plan and organize work
- Ability to review information quickly and efficiently according to established criteria and to determine next actions required
- Ability to pay attention to details and concentrate in order to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data entry
- Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with clients, colleagues and supervisors
- Ability to adapt quickly to procedural and technological changes
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Team player
Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate the following qualifications. Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet the following criteria, where applicable.
- Ability to speak, read and write in French
- Experience working in immigration or consular work at a diplomatic mission
- Experience working in an international office setting in English or French.
- Experience using GCMS
- Indepth knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Solid knowledge of Vietnamese civil documents (identity, education, employment, business, financial)
Conditions of Employment
- Legally permitted to work in Vietnam
- Willing and able to work overtime as required including evenings and weekends, often on short notice
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- Obtain and maintain the required level of security clearance from the Government of Canada. This involves, among other things, criminal record checks, credit checks and validation of qualifications.
- The appointment of the successful candidate will be conditional on a one (1) year probationary period.
How to apply & Selection procedure
To apply, candidates must submit the following:
- Proof of education completed (may be a scanned copy)
- A cover letter (maximum of 2 pages) which clearly demonstrates how they meet the Essential Qualifications (education, languages and experience) and any of the Asset Qualifications.
Candidates must explain how they meet the qualifications by providing concrete examples.
Resumes may be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter. Candidates should submit IELTS results, if available.
Failure to demonstrate how the candidate meets the essential qualifications will result in the application being screened out.
Applications must be submitted by email. The subject line of email must include your FULL NAME (in capital letters) followed by the competition number: 2019-IM-01.
Send your complete application (as described above) to: [email protected]
Only applications received by email before the cut-off date and time and that comply with the instructions above will be considered for screening.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment which may include: written test, oral test, or personal interview. Reference checks shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
Individuals previously employed by IRCC must successfully pass a reference check with their supervisor.
- Only the applicants that are screened in will be contacted by the HR section.
- The results of this staffing process may be used to establish an eligibility list of qualified candidates for this position and similar positions, including indeterminate, term, acting opportunities and emergency which might arise in the next 12 months.
- The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Hợp Tác Cùng YBOX.VN Trong Tuyển Dụng, Truyền Thông Miễn Phí - Trả Phí Theo Yêu Cầu tại http://bit.ly/YBOX-Partnership
1,602 người xem