Job no: 558426
Work type: Full time - Fixed term/Contract
Location: Vietnam - Hanoi
RMIT Vietnam, an entity of RMIT University, has campuses in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi since 2001. We provide internationally recognised, high-quality, education and professional training for students, clients and the community, and assist in the development of human resources capability in Vietnam and the region by hosting students from Australia and many other countries.
The position is responsible for the development, advisement and coordination of programs which encourage engagement of students in university life. This includes establishing and fostering relationships between students, Student Council and the other stakeholders internally within the University and external bodies. The position is also responsible for developing and coordinating the activities of Clubs and Societies, as well as the University’s events and REC functions at RMIT Vietnam.
- Coordinate with the Student Activities Manager in organising the Orientation event held for new students each semester. Coordinate with other stakeholders in the University and develop the event as student numbers justify.
- Supervise Student Activities Officers located in the Hanoi campus, ensuring compliance and the student experience is aligned across campus locations.
- Ensure the successful delivery of general and specific Student Life initiatives, programs and events, for positive benefits to the University, students and staff.
- Coordinate, develop and implement continual improvement systems, including a feedback system for participants of programs and events. This includes conducting research to determine new activities and events for future planning as agreed with Student Activities Manager.
- Represent the International Student Coordinator to transition students relocating to Vietnam and engaging in university life at RMIT Vietnam, including specifics such as accommodation and visa advice.
- Coordinate Student Life Volunteer Group activities in the Hanoi campus.
Key selection criteria
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree in an Events or Project Management related field (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated ability in effective time management skills and follow through on project based initiatives.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills within the department and externally with official, contractors and vendors.
- Strong management skills with the proven ability to lead, guide and motivate teams.
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, written and spoken. Well-developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation, liaison, and cross cultural communication.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and security when managing information.
- Ability to display appropriate behaviours in line with the position, as per the RMIT Behavioural Capability Framework (Connectedness, Commitment to Excellence – Improve and Simplify; Imagination and Innovation; Impact; Inclusion; Agility).
- Unique opportunity to work within a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment with creative and innovative committed colleagues.
- Attractive salary package with base salary starting from VND 28,100,000 gross per month
- Meal allowance VND 680,000; Clothing allowance VND 416,000 gross per month
- 13th month Tet bonus
- Private premium medical insurance
- 20 days annual leave, 10 days sick leave per annum
- Education fee support for staff dependants after a qualifying period
To find out more
For further information about this role, please click on the Job Description document below.
English proficiency requirements
If English is not your native language then you will be required to demonstrate a minimum English language proficiency standard at a BULATS Upper-Intermediate level (BULATS score 75), equivalent to IELTS (General) 6.5. RMIT Vietnam will require you to complete a BULATS test to assess your level of English before an offer of employment can be made.
How to apply: Click on the ‘Apply Now’ HERE.
Applications close on Sunday, 24 September, 2017
943 người xem