Anticipatory Staffing Exercise for Programme Assistant(s)- LE 05
In anticipation of a need for additional Programme Assistant resources, the Embassy of Canada is seeking qualified candidates to establish a pre-qualified pool of candidates. The results of this recruitment exercise may also be used to staff positions on a temporary (“emergency”) basis.
If you are interested in being considered for this anticipatory Staffing Exercises for Programme Assistant services, including on a temporary (“emergency”) basis, please consider applying as per the instructions herein.
Work titles: Programme Assistant
Location: The Embassy of Canada to Vietnam, Hanoi
Salary: Based on an annual salary of 315,582,391 VND (non-neogitiable)
Type: Indeterminant/Emergency Employment
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday
Normal hours of work are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday – hours of work are from 8:00 am to 13:30 pm
Issuance Date: July 12th, 2017
Closing Date: July 31st, 2017
- All employees of the Embassy of Canada to Vietnam and the Consulate General of Canada in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Individuals who are eligible to work in Vietnam.
All applicants must:
- Clearly demonstrate on their application that they meet all of the mandatory and rated qualifications stated below. Failure to do so will result in your application being rejected.
- Submit resumes with cover letter, in English or French, stating his/her interest and suitability, by the closing date. Note that applications received after the closing date will be disqualified.
Summary of Duties:
The Embassy of Canada in Hanoi, Vietnam, foresees a need for a Programme Asssitant as well as a wide variety of temporary (“emergency”) staff to support the various programmes operating at the Embassy. General areas of operations may include any of the following:
- Media Relations/Public Affairs;
- Development Assistance;
- General Administration;
- Information Technology (IT);
Under the general direction of a Programme Manager these temporary positions shall support the delivery of Canada’s programme in Vietnam. The positions shall responsible for assisting staff respond to inquiries from Canadian and local contacts, service providers that support the Embassy’s programmes, including hotels, restaurants, transportation firms, promotional items; providing administrative support to the programmes by drafting correspondence; coordinating appointments for staff; overseeing and improving the organization of electronic files, social media, wiki and archives; researching information sources and preparing responses to routine or general requests for information, both from Canadian and local contacts as well as assessing programme needs for information material, and gathering and preparing pertinent information material to assist them in their work (e.g., marketing material for outcalls, local market reports, general information on Canadian industry, etc.); providing logistical support to the team with promotional events and high level visits and official delegation coordination.
- University or technical degree from a recognized institution in marketing, administration, business, Development, IT;
- Excellent proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Native fluency in Vietnamese (reading, writing and speaking)
- Experience in providing direct assistance to a Programme or a Project.
- Experience in providing direct services to clients.
- One year (within the past three years) of recent and relevant experience related to general trade promotion, market research, event planning, logistics, administration, media, public affairs, social media, IT and/or business development
- Knowledge of Vietnamese government agencies, government structure and ministries;
- Knowledge of the relevant Vietnamese organizations and associations
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices;
- Knowledge of software packages; Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Negotiation skills;
- Ability to coordinate conflicting priorities within tight deadlines and meet work targets;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing effectively in English;
- Capacity to work autonomously;
- Ability to conduct online research and compile reports
- Ability to edit and format documents including content for social media (for example Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Professional Integrity;
- Action Management;
- Adaptability & Flexibility;
- Team work
- Client Focus and Network/Alliance Building
- Proficiency in French is desirable (reading, writing and speaking)
- Experience in working for international organizations is an asset;
- Experience coordinating trade, media, travel, transportation and promotional initiatives or events
- Familiarity with both Hanoi and Danang would be an asset;
Condition(s) of Employment
- Legally permitted to work in Vietnam
- Willing and able to travel domestically possibly on short notice;
- Willing and able to outside of regular hours, often on short notice
- The appointment of the successful candidate(s) will be subject to Medical Clearance and Reliability (security) Status Check (RS) obtained by Management.
How to apply & Selection procedure
Candidates must clearly demonstrate in a cover letter (in no more than 2 pages) how they meet the education and experience factors listed in the essential and asset qualifications. Candidates must use the education and experience factors as a header and then write how they meet the education and experience required by providing concrete examples. Resumes may be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter. Failure to demonstrate how you meet the screening criteria (essential and asset education and experience) will result in the application being rejected. Candidates who are missing information or submit incomplete information will be screened out.
Candidates screened in will be contacted for further assessment, including: a personal interview with a series of questions designed to evaluate each applicant’s knowledge, abilities, competencies and personal suitability for the position. In addition, tests may be conducted to assist the selection board in assessing the applicant’s qualifications, skills and language ability. Reference verifications shall be conducted as a part of the hiring process.
Send your application (Cover Letter and Resume) by email to: [email protected]
Please quote the competition number “HANOI-ALL-2017-04” in the subject of the email. Applications can be submitted in English or in French.
Only applications received by email and before the cut-off date and time will be considered for screening. Hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Only the applicants short-listed will be contacted by the HR section.
- The results of this competition will be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.
- The Government of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds irrespective of race, color, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- The Government of Canada is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a work opportunity or testing, you should advise us in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
8,690 người xem