Position: Program Assistant
Work place: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: 1 year, extendable based on performance and funding
Start date: March 2017
The Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI), operating through the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation in Vietnam, is a trusted advisor to governments worldwide, helping them transform the way they provide health services. In Vietnam, CHAI works with a number of departments in the Ministry of Health to help reach national HIV, TB, Hepatitis C, and malaria targets. Established in Vietnam in 2006, CHAI has emphasized a sustainable and integrative approach to health systems strengthening premised on a close partnership with government to build national capacity.
CHAI’s team in Vietnam consists of a dynamic core of 12 staff in addition to resources available at the regional and global levels. CHAI is now seeking a Vietnamese national to fill a Program Assistant position. This position provides an inexperienced person significant opportunities for learning and growth.
- The Program Assistant will provide mainly program support and some office operations support and report to a Program Manager(s).
- Execute programmatic tasks such as preparing health data for analysis, making charts and diagrams, reviewing software systems for bugs, supporting importation of donated drugs, and much more;
- Provide support to prepare trainings, workshops, meetings and mentoring trips (e.g. printing materials, logistics arrangements, etc.);
- Assist in making purchase orders, contracts, agreements, etc. with partners/suppliers.
- Assist in preparing letters to partners, local government authorities and other project/program documents upon requests;
- Assist in translation and interpretation from English to Vietnamese and vice versa;
- Arrange travel logistics for team members on business trips (e.g. air tickets, accommodations, airport taxis, car rentals);
- Take notes at team meetings;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills and Experiences
- Fluent in verbal and written Vietnamese and English
- Comfortable with technology. Fluent with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, and in internet-based communications
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to details
- Good command of task prioritization and time management to meet deadlines
- Good teamwork, spirit and enthusiasm
- Proven ability to problem solve and think proactively
- A minimum of 2-year experience
- Experience in translation or other communications-related fields
- Experience in health issues
A one-page cover letter should specify the position sought and highlight why the candidate believes they are the right person for the position. A CV detailing professional experience, relevant qualifications and three reference contacts should be provided. Interested candidates should send materials to [email protected]. Indicate position sought in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, but must be received by 15 March 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
903 người xem