FFI’s mission is to conserve threatened species and ecosystems worldwide, choosing solutions that are sustainable, are based on sound science and take account of human needs. FFI’s strategy to achieve this mission is to work with in-country organisations at all levels to support them in identifying and implementing country led sustainable solutions.
FFI Vietnam is implementing conservation projects at Mu Cang Chai Species & Habitat Conservation Area of Yen Bai, Muong La Nature Reserve of Son La, Khau Ca Species & Habitat Conservation Area and Quan Ba district of Ha Giang, Trung Khanh Species & Habitat Conservation Area of Cao Bang, Kim Bang of Ha Nam, and Pu Mat National Park of Nghe An provinces. FFI also supports conservation actions in Kon Tum, Son Tra and Cat Ba Island.
Fauna & Flora International - Vietnam Programme is recruiting a Biodiversity Assistant
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Start Date: 1st November 2017 with 1-month probation
Duration: 12 months with potential of extension based on work performance
Duty Station: FFI office – Hanoi, Vietnam (60%) / FFI field sites (40%)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
Salary: Package US$250 – US$300/month Gross
Reporting to: Biodiversity Coordinator
Line manages: N/A
Overall objective: The primary objective of this assistant is to support implementation of the
Spatial Monitoring and Reporting Tool (SMART) for improved forest management and conservation at FFI’s project sites.
- Manage data sets, conduct data analysis and produce reports, including:
- Enter data from field (forest patrol) data sheets into SMART database
- Upload GPS data into SMART database
- Querying the SMART database as required
- Prepare SMART reports based on queries as required
- Support Biodiversity Coordinator in implementation of field activities including logistical preparation and data collection for workshops, meetings, research and field trips.
- Assisting Biodiversity Coordinator in training Community Conservation Teams and FPD rangers in effective data recording and management.
- Assisting Biodiversity Coordinator in training government partners in the use of SMART, data management and reporting.
- Work with the Biodiversity Coordinator to develop concepts for biodiversity conservation projects.
- Undertake tasks in support of the FFI Vietnam Conservation Support Programme that may reasonably be requested by Senior Management Staff and with approval of the Biodiversity Coordinator.
- Ensure that project office and field operations are conducted to a high level of health, safety, integrity, environmental good practice and cultural sensitivity. This includes ensuring that field medical kits are in good order and taken out on every field trip.
- Ensure that FFI policies and guidelines are followed within the implementation of the FFI Vietnam Primate Programme.
- Programme Support: As for all staff members of the Vietnam Programme, the assistant will be expected to participate in monthly and ad hoc technical meetings, support the planning and implementation of field work activities (including time spent in the forest) and provide reasonable and appropriate support to the programme, in general, as requested by his/her line manager or Country Director.
- Document translation between English and Vietnamese
Hours of work
Official office opening hours is Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Working time is 8 hours per day. Lunch break is one hour.
Overtime / Time off in Lieu
As a normal part of the job, the assistant will be expected to work overtime, on weekends or public holidays. FFI does not pay overtime. Instead, staffs are entitled to take the amount of time worked overtime or on a weekend as time off in lieu (T.O.I.L.). This time off must be taken within two weeks of the extra time worked. Prior to taking any TOIL, staff must obtain permission from the Supervisor. Time spent travelling on FFI business outside normal working hours will not be compensated.
Whenever a public holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday, it will be compensated by an extra day's leave at a time stipulated by the Representative or his/her designate. FFI provides full pay for twelve (12) public holidays each year:
New Year’s day
TET Festival (plus 2 day week-end, total full week office closed)
Hung King Festival
International Labour Day
- Moderately proficient in written and spoken English
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability to carry out data analysis
- Proficiency in GIS
Knowledge and experience
- Undergraduate degree related to biology, conservation science, forestry or natural resource management
- Experience with conducting field surveys and research
- Work experience with field conservation or research projects in Vietnam
- Knowledge and/or experience in primate conservation or research in Vietnam
- Interest in biodiversity conservation
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexible and responsive to the needs of organization
- Good time management; able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrable commitment to biodiversity conservation
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and CV to Ms. Le Hong Viet via email [email protected] no later than 27th October, 2017. Subject: [FFI-1017] Position - Full name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviewing.
For more information about FFI, please visit http://www.fauna-flora.org
385 người xem