As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has entrusted GIZ and KfW Development Bank with the implementation of the Climate Finance Readiness Programme (CF Ready), which aims at building a foundation for a results-oriented, transformational and efficient use of international climate finance with emphasis on the Green Climate Fund (GCF).
The CF Ready Programme offers customized, long-term capacity development and technical assistance. It will provide support for Vietnam with a focus on: (i) Strengthening of Institutions, such as the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) Climate Finance Task Force (CFTF) (ii) Support the inter-ministerial exchange of relevant government decision makes regarding climate finance, (iii) Support the establishment of a process for selecting funding proposals to be submitted to the Green Climate Fund and inform/ support relevant policymakers in the selection of access modalities to the Green Climate Fund.
The programme requires a qualified local professional for the position of: Programme Officer (CF Ready)
Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP until 31st December 2017 with possible extension
The staff is seconded to Department for Science, Natural Resources and Environment (DSENRE) of MPI to support DSENRE in general and the Climate Finance Task Force (CFTF) in particular for the following activities:
- Being responsible for the implementation of the CF Ready Programme activities.
- Coordinating the CF Ready activities in Vietnam in accordance with the programme goals and activities agreed with the partner (MPI) and the project manager in Germany.
- Supervising the day to day programme activities and ensuring the implementation of the component in consultation with project manager at GIZ Head office, GIZ Macroeconomic Reform Program and MPI.
- Promoting the operation of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) in Vietnam.
- Supporting MPI with the coordination of the inter-ministerial exchange of relevant government decision makers regarding climate finance policies/ GCF on latest developments and on decisions which need to be taken by the government in order to prepare for the GCF.
- Supporting the organisation and logistic for consultancy missions, workshops and trainings, include arranging appointments with local stakeholders and experts in the field, presentations, briefing papers and related materials.
- Assisting the communication and exchange between MPI and other key line ministries regarding climate finance topics and activities.
- Following closely the GCF Board meetings and its key outcomes.
- Preparing & briefing the DSENRE team on key developments of the GCF, such as board decisions etc.
- Preparing GCF related documents submitted to the Government, such as Vietnam’s contribution to the GCF; GCF’s regulation on privileges and exemptions, and so on.
- Enhancing stakeholder engagement for Climate Finance, especially GCF related activities in Vietnam, which includes meetings and working schedule arrangement with key stakeholders relating to GCF, such as the Vietnam GCF Steering Committee, National Implementing Entities (NIEs), Multilateral Implementing Entities (MIEs), Executing Entities...
- Assisting the process of cooperation with international Development Partners to seek out for potential proposals submitted to GCF.
- Conducting summaries and pre-assessments on GCF proposals from different Implementing Entities
- Working closely with national and international consultants.
- Supporting activities relating to the regional Climate Finance via cooperation with regional and global forums such as LEDS forum and so on.
- Logistic support required by DSENRE.
- Submitting frequent report of CF Ready Programme activities and communicate regularly with the Programme focal point in both GIZ Headquarter and Vietnam.
- Participating in the monthly online country exchange with CF Ready staff in other countries.
- Master degree in Environmental Economics, Environmental Engineering, International Economics or other related academic subject
- At least 3-5 years of professional working experience in a similar position, with at least 1 year professional experience in a Vietnamese ministry or in a donor agency, preferably with working experience in the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI), with UN agencies or with the GIZ.
- Expertise and working experience in diverse economic and environmental topics, especially related to the GCF, climate change and/ or climate finance.
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting and M&E processes in the public sector is an advantage.
- Experience in managing complex projects.
- High level written and oral communication and report writing skills in both English and Vietnamese. German is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce - sometimes under high pressure - high level and quality outputs with limited supervision and management.
- Demonstrated team work ability, dynamic and self-motivated character.
- Excellent command of MS-Office.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under time pressure, occasionally obliging to irregular and long working hours.
- Excellent sense of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Team spirit and flexibility and loyalty.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the application in English (Application form attached), including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to [email protected]) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before January 21st 2017.
Note: Please state “Application for the Programme Officer (CF Ready)” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
(For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de)
854 người xem