[HN] Tổ Chức International Center for Tropical Agriculture Tuyển Dụng Program Management Officer 2017
The International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) works to reduce hunger and poverty, and improve human nutrition in the tropics, through research aimed at increasing the eco- efficiency of agriculture. CIAT is a member of the CGIAR (www.cgiar.org), a global partnership that unites organizations engaged in research for a food secure future. CIAT’s research focuses on increasing productivity of key tropical crops, reversing soil and land degradation, and using information to foster better decisions about issues such as climate change and environmental management. Headquartered near Cali, Colombia, CIAT has regional offices in Nairobi, Kenya, and Hanoi, Vietnam, with staff posted in over 30 countries.
CIAT Asia currently works on five key themes: 1) cassava value chains, 2) forages and livestock, 3) agricultural systems and landscapes, 4) climate change and ecosystem services, and 5) food systems and value chains. From its regional hub in Hanoi, CIAT engages with a broad range of institutions and groups for collaborative research, capacity building and knowledge networking in Southeast, East and South Asia.
CIAT is looking for an innovative, dynamic professional with a development-oriented research background and strong interest in science management for an international organization. The position assists the Director for Asia in: managing the regional research program, developing new projects and activities, seeking opportunities for resource mobilization, and coordinating a team of over 40 researchers/support staff members/affiliates. He/she replaces the incumbent who is taking up a new position with CIAT Asia.
· Research facilitation: Manages regional portfolio of projects and activities, including institutional support systems for science-quality assurance and data/information management; liaises with program coordination/support services units at Headquarters and in other regions.
· Resource mobilization: Coordinates regional proposals pipeline by helping nurture science creativity for novel project ideas, facilitates team-based proposal development and grant-writing, seeks donor intelligence and engagement, and explores innovative program financing schemes for priority themes.
· Program development: Assesses and monitors regional trends, needs and opportunities in Asia’s agricultural research-for-development sector; facilitates CIAT regional agenda setting, program planning and strategy development; participates in implementing key strategic research initiatives.
· Partnership and capacity building: Assists in institutional representation, partnership building and external communications; coordinates capacity building schemes for research teams and partners.
Education and Experience:
· MSc degree (PhD preferred) in interdisciplinary sciences related to agriculture, environment and development studies.
· Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in a science-related organization, with proven capacity for research implementation and program coordination/management.
· Professional exposure to an international institutional/program setting, including multi-cultural and interdisciplinary working environment.
· Broad understanding of agricultural research-for-development challenges in Asia; any region-specific work experiences and professional networks would be considered an advantage.
· Successful track record in partnership building and resource mobilization with public/private sectors.
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral, for diverse audiences including technical specialists and decision/policymakers.
Terms of employment
This internationally recruited position and will be based at the CIAT Asia regional office in Hanoi, Vietnam, reporting directly to the Regional Area Director. The initial contract will be for up to two (2) years, subject to a probation period of three (3) months, and is renewable depending on performance and availability of resources.
CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. CIAT is an equal opportunity employer, and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above position against the listed qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. All correspondence should be addressed to the CIAT Human Resources Office to Andrea Linares ([email protected] ) and should clearly indicate “Program Management Officer- Asia”.
Pre-application inquiries may be addressed to the CIAT Director for Asia ([email protected])
We invite you to learn more about us at: http://www.ciat.cgiar.org
904 người xem